It has been said that the best way to predict the future is to invent it. Volvo Group has a long history of doing that and we will keep doing so. But in the future, a key success factor is the ability to combine technologies from many different sources in order to deliver value-adding services that are customised to individual needs.
The real changes in people' lives will come from the combination of technology and services. That is why Volvo Group is working to become an integrated partner with various service providers and to create new services as well.
The future looks bright
The new possibilities will allow delivery of highly customized, knowledge-based services that enable:
- efficient and effective transport solutions
- improved driving assistance
- more comprehensive transport management
- fuel-savings through monitoring
- remote diagnostics of vehicles and equipment
- fast and secure driver data download
- predictive maintenance services, based on observed vehicle status rather than pre-defined plans
- improved driver comfort
…and much, much more.
Closer to the customer
Developing this kind of services is quite different from developing engines and other hardware. First of all, it requires a deeper understanding of the customer's business and challenges. This is needed to identify areas where new services can deliver value and simplify customer operations