The Volvo Group’s various operations are organized to deliver the greatest possible focus on customers and their needs, and to exploit and harness the Group’s far-reaching and shared resources in the best possible way.
Truck operations account for almost two-thirds of the Group’s total turnover and are organized such that
- all product development is gathered together in Volvo Group Trucks Technology,
- all production is grouped separately in Volvo Group Trucks Operations,
- all sales operations are divided into distinct geographic regions
- Americas (North and South America),
- EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and
- APAC (Asia and Pacific).
In this way the Group harnesses the full potential of its various brands while creating a clearer profile in its various customer segments.
In addition to truck operations there are other business areas:
- Volvo Construction Equipment (which among other things is the world’s largest manufacturer of articulated haulers and wheel loaders),
- Volvo Buses (a leading manufacturer of heavy buses),
- Volvo Penta (market leader in marine and industrial engines) and
- The Volvo Group Finance & Business Support unit brings together the Group’s various operations in the financial sphere, such as customer financing, as well as IT, Treasury and HR services.