1. How did you come to join the Volvo Group?
Due to the situation of the company where I was working, and I have started to look for new job opportunities and I always considered Volvo as a good company to work, with good values and challenges. I had the chance for an interview about a position at the Bus Product Development team and I started at Volvo on the 9th of July of 2007.
2. Tell us about you current role and its main responsibilities.
I'm a Product Development Engineer working with Bus at VDB. I'm currently responsible for the engine cooling system installation, which involves coolant radiator, charge air cooler, fan drives, and all the pipes and hoses and connections for those systems.
3. Have you had other roles and assignments in the Group? What would you like to do in the future in the Group?
This is my first role at Volvo. I intend for the future, to keep working inside Product Development Engineering, always trying to learn something new that can help me improve the knowledge in every area that I will be working.
4. How would you describe the culture of Volvo Group? ( i.e. what do you think is distinctive about how we do things in Volvo Group ?)
- All the employees have a lot of pride of working for Volvo;
- All the employees respect each other, and it is very easy to get along with the team work;
- There are lots of concerns for the environment, safety and quality;
- There are lots of opportunities for professional growth, and you are invited to take on these opportunities.
5. Why do you think someone should consider working for a Volvo Group company?
In Volvo Group you define how far you want go in your personal development plan. You have training opportunities, and if you are willing, you can take on new challenges in order to improve your skills. In only three months working at Volvo, I had the opportunity to enroll in a team to implement new tools inside the Product Engineering, on a 10 Years Road Map program. I had technical training classes to gain knowledge in specific areas of engineering so I can better help the team. You can find a mentor inside the Volvo Group to help you learn topics related to your day to day job. I had a mentor from VBC in Sweden. All these to make you improve your skills and as a consequence, you will be maximizing your results for the company. All these points make me very please to be a Volvo employee, and because of that, I really think that this is one of the best places to work.