1. How did you come to join the Volvo Group?
I joined Volvo do Brasil in 1994 as a trainee and after one year I was hired as an employee. Since that time Volvo do Brasil was known in the market as an excellent company to work for. When a friend of mine told me about the available trainee position in Volvo do Brasil´s Legal Department I didn't hesitate one second to apply for it.
2. Tell us about you current role and its main responsibilities.
As a Legal Counsel of Volvo do Brasil I´m basically responsible for:
- Product Liability
- Automotive Purchasing Agreements
- Compliance for hard and soft products
- Environmental Issues
- Corporate Acts such as By Laws and Minutes of Shareholders.
3. Have you had other roles and assignments in the Group? What would you like to do in the future in the Group?
In 2007 I went to Sweden for a short term assignment. I spent 2 months at Volvo Trucks Corporation and 1 month at AB Volvo in the Legal Department. It was a great experience and it contributed a lot to my professional and personal development.
I would like to have a long term experience abroad in order to improve my skills and network. I also consider the possibility to try a different position outside the legal area in Volvo Group.
4. How would you describe the culture of Volvo Group? ( i.e. what do you think is distinctive about how we do things in Volvo Group ?) .
I'm very proud to work for Volvo Group mainly due to the following reasons:
- Very strong corporate values based on ethical principles.
- Respect for Volvo´s employees which creates an inspiring environment and motivation for working.
- Business Strategic is clear for Volvo´s employees.
5. Why do you think someone should consider working for a Volvo Group company?
- Volvo Group is an international and multicultural company which offers career opportunities
- Volvo Group is one of the leaders in its market
- Strong corporate values and excellent working environment