Dr Christian Barnard performed the first heart transplant operation in 1967.
- Volvo presented the results of statistics from 28,700 accidents and demonstrated the value and importance of using a seat belt.
- The owners of Volvo Amazons and the new Volvo 144 were able to buy the revolutionary innovation - a rearward-facing child seat.
- The Viggen 37 fighter, which made its maiden flight in 1967, was powered by the Volvo RM8 engine.
- The 140 series was completed with the addition of the two-door 142 and the 145 estate.
- The B58 articulated bus was a success when it was introduced in Sweden.