The Intern - Onsite Technician (Summer 2021) provides business solution infrastructure support and end-user support for a specific Volvo production facility. This position occurs as part of the Onsite LVO (Macungie) team, within the Infrastructure and Onsite Support (IOS) unit of Volvo’s Group IT unit.
The Intern - Onsite Technician role is the local representation of Group IT for a specific business production facility. In this role it is critical to work together with regional and global colleagues to deliver new and upgraded infrastructure for business solutions and the end-user IT environment. This includes, but is not limited to, hosting platforms (typically x86), Windows OS, LAN (wired and wireless), Windows enterprise client solutions for office and factory, personal mobility, and specialized factory devices such as bar code scanners, forklift mounted hardware, and specialized printing technology. These technologies are highly standardized in Group IT business practice and much of the work is conducted according to standard processes and methodologies. Most server and network hardware is configured according to Standard Operating Environment (SOE) specifications, common throughout Volvo’s global network.
This position performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in efforts to support local end-users, remote end-users, and production lines. Additionally, this position utilizes global processes to achieve the end results. The IOS Onsite goal is to achieve total end-user satisfaction for technical issues by possessing exceptional customer service skills, willingness to travel & work overtime, and most importantly work as a team.
Duration and Expected Hours:
This position will require up to 40 hours per week from May 17, 2021 to Aug 13, 2021.
The Onsite Technician Intern emphasizes an entrepreneurial attitude, creative, out-of-the-box thinking, team collaboration as well as an agile approach. The experience involves researching an identified problem and developing a solution to address it using emerging technologies. Working prototypes or solutions are expected to be presented at the end of the summer.
We are looking for someone who can convert a legacy MS Access based tool into an “available-anywhere” modernized solution utilizing technologies such as MS Power Automate, Sharepoint Online, and Power BI. This tool is used for local inventory and physical location tracking of IT assets in a manufacturing environment. We expect the candidate needs to be on-site to understand how the existing tool is used, including all of the various challenges it has. The requirements definition will be developed early in the internship and the ultimate goal is to move away from MS Access. We are looking for an Intern candidate with the necessary coding skills in the previously mentioned technologies to drive this project.
The Intern - Onsite Delivery & Support Technician will be responsible to:
- Perform delivery and support work according to standard methods and processes
- Provide constant communication/feedback to end-users to understand their requirements and setting the appropriate expectations.
- Install and configure Client systems (Hardware, software, applications, communications, printers, and peripherals)
- Install, configure, and support various handheld barcode scanning devices
- Install, configure, and support specialized barcode printers
- Have good understanding of LAN connectivity (wired & Wi-Fi) in support of existing infrastructure
- Assist PC Users in utilizing PC applications for office & factory automation and to solve business problems.
- Image & configure new and existing machines to end-user expectations
- Deploy new machines to end-users by transporting equipment via handcart in which lifting up to 50 lbs. is involved.
- Ability to produce documentation for Knowledgebase solutions
- Other duties as assigned by Onsite Manager
- Customer Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Skills
- Action Oriented
- Integrity and Trust
- Out of the Box Thinking
- Willingness to learn
- Motivation to solve real-world problems
- Is dedicated to deliver customer value
- Has ability to build effective relationships
- Has very strong communication skills
- Work patiently with end users who are frustrated and need issues to be resolved quickly or helpful guidance with using the solutions
- Is open to change and enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Pursues tasks with energy, drives and has a need to finish
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree related to Business or Information Technology at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.