Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket. This position is with the Complete Vehicle (CV) organization here in the US, which is dedicated to ensuring quality and the customer voice is reflected in our products. The durability and reliability team is focused on validating and evaluating the strength and fatigue of our products via physical and virtual testing. This includes data collection on our proving ground in Greensboro, hydraulic strength and fatigue testing, accelerated endurance testing, virtual method simulation, and corrosion/material testing.
We are currently looking for an engineer to work within the Durability and Reliability Testing Team (D&R) as a Durability Test Engineer. The candidate should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of validation and verification engineering. As a valued member of the Durability and Reliability Team within GTT, the engineer will have the opportunity to work directly with product engineering as well as other D&R Test Engineers. This position’s responsibilities are directly related fatigue and strength testing of systems and components within the durability feature domain. These activities include transducer and rig design, fatigue testing using hydraulic and electrodynamic test equipment, full vehicle data acquisition, corrosion and climate chamber testing, data analysis, and report writing. This position will also have exposure to digital model and field test data correlation related to durability performance especially as it relates to E-mobility and other emerging technologies. This position will also be expected to mentor and support other test engineers within the group as well as take ownership of key strategic objectives and equipment. This position will report to the Durability and Reliability group manager.
- Create, manage, and execute physical test plans
- Analyze test results (physical and virtual) and provide timely and high quality results
- Document results, compile engineering reports (ER), propose enhancements to test methods (QWIs) and propose updates or Technical Requirement (TRs) together with the technology areas
- Prepare and manage fault reports (Protus) from tests.
- Work with the global network to ensure D&R is aligned with other sites
- Mentor/train other test engineers. Be an example of others in the group to reflect Volvo Core Values.
- Continuously update test methods (QWIs) and propose updates or Technical Requirement (TRs) together with the technology areas
- Manage upgrade road map, maintenance requirements, and functionality of specific equipment
- Work with the Features Group to identify the verification needs of the durability feature in order to define test requirements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum Engineering Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-8 Years of applicable experience required
- Transportation/Automotive Industry experience preferred
- Experience with durability/structural principles
- Experience with structural analysis and fatigue prediction is a plus.
- Proficiency in CAD (PTC Creo preferred). Specifically rig and fixture design.
- Familiar with hydraulic actuators is required, electrodynamic actuator experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Python or similar program is desired, but not required
- Experience with R&D testing in a lab setting is required.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.