This is us, your new colleagues... The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility, and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner, and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary; revolutionary problem solving – all to reach our vision!
Want to learn more?
At Mack Trucks, Inc., innovation sparks success! For decades, our name has been synonymous with quality vehicular performance and today, our legendary trucks and premier services continue to garner respect from all corners of the globe. As a leading heavy-duty truck and component manufacturer, customers turn to us not only for our progressive products, but for our reliability. If you share in our commitment to excellence, we invite you to join our dynamic team of professionals.
Are you ready for a meaningful challenge, have a passion for quality, customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply for our Industrial Engineer position. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful. We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. Our people make the difference!
About the Position
As an Industrial Engineer - Logistics you will support production and logistics areas by securing and continuously improving the current processes for supply chain and assembly. You will also be designing the future of the factory by participating in exciting projects we are running. In this journey you will report to the Business team leader - Logistics Engineering and be part of a team of about 20 industrial Engineers.
Main activities and responsibilities for these roles:
• Design internal and external logistics processes that utilize lean manufacturing concepts
• Define strategies to optimize procedures, minimize wastes, and decrease logistics costs
• Implement future material handling flows and all supporting physical and electronic processes and documentation
• Create process standardizations, operator expectations, material disbursement routes, and related KPI/PIs supporting Material Availability at Point of Use
• Strong data purification and analysis skills; must be able to make data driven decisions and influence
• Define and execute station standards to comply with internal flow strategies
• Have an understanding of packaging structure, inventory volumes, and how it impacts supply chain and material handling
• Help create a facility that is founded on a Plan for Every Part (PFEP) station layout with just-in-time deliveries, and a two-bin systems
Minimum Education, Experience, and Skillset
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or equivalent preferred
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Advanced understanding basic computer programs (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access)
• Strong communication, planning, organization and visualization/presentation skills
• Greenfield and/or existing factory and process design and implementation experience
• Proficient with AutoCAD
• Lean manufacturing concepts and principles
• Ability to work flexible hours (including varying shifts, possible weekends and overtime)
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.