At Volvo Group Australia (VGA) we strongly believe in a future where sustainable and efficient transport and infrastructure solutions are essential for any society to prosper, where collaboration and diversity increase speed and solve societal challenges. Our solutions improve the everyday life of our customers and for the society at large, today and tomorrow.
VGA is seeking applications from Heavy Vehicle Technicians to join our Workshop at Volvo Commercial Vehicles (VCV) Newcastle, in Baresfield. This is a rewarding and busy role servicing and repairing an impressive range of Volvo, Mack and UD Trucks. As a Trade Qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician at VCV Newcastle, you will bring your passion for your trade to our cohesive team of trained diesel mechanics who work with pride and have gained professional respect across our business.
Key to your success will be your ability to work effectively in a team, focus on workplace safety and be proud of the quality work you deliver for our customers. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win!
- Trade qualified Heavy Vehicle Technician (Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology) (or equivalent)
- Possess a current NSW Diesel Mechanic, Motor Vehicle Tradesperson Certificate (MVTC)
- Possess solid work experience as a heavy vehicle mechanic repairing and servicing heavy commercial vehicles
- Previous diagnostic investigation experience would be advantageous, however not essential
- Be a team player, open and honest who consistently delivers an exceptional customer service experience
- Hold a flexible approach to business commitments to work alternative shift operations as required
- Enjoy working with process and policy
- Possess a solid understanding of safe working practices in the workshop environment.
- Hourly rate + generous tool allowance
- Permanent contract, full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Additional superannuation payments*
- Loyalty is valued with VGA Service Recognition Program
- Generous parental leave program
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including Employee Assistance Program and discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- A workplace that offers you the opportunity to do truly meaningful work in a supportive, constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy, and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.