Volvo Group Operations Graduate Program
If you are up for the challenge of developing the next generation of production plants and want to be a part of the innovative world of Volvo Group, this is the graduate program for you!
During 15 intense and exciting months, the program will give you a holistic view of the Volvo Group’s global truck manufacturing organization. You will get to know our different brands and their plants and learn about our logistics organizations and activities. You will take a deep dive into some specific areas of our business such as manufacturing, health and safety, quality, and continuous improvements, while also learning about the end-to-end supply chain, aftermarket parts, and our remanufacturing operations.
In parallel, you will grow as a person, through individual and team development sessions. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will experience several “on-the-job” rotations and have the opportunity to work on real project assignments. In addition, you will join a number of learning modules where you get together with other program participants to take part in trainings and events designed to help you grow into your future career at the Volvo Group.
The Lehigh Valley plant is responsible for the production of Mack trucks for North American customers and export markets. As part of that, the Manufacturing Engineering Team is responsible for defining and optimizing the Assembly Operation processes of all Mack trucks. Our mission is to drive prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions to shape the world we want to live in. At Lehigh Valley operations our mission includes the support of current production, all new product projects, all new capital industrial projects, development of lean processes using the Mack Production System, and the adaptation of new technology and Ways of Working defining a new era of transportation.
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others who want to be like us. Our company culture is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo – innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
This is us, your new team:
Our motivated and highly competent business control team identifies waste and loss in our end to end processes. Working closely together with other departments we support kaizen projects to improve operations and processes. We evaluate capital investments, analyze current operations, evaluate various operating scenarios, provide valuable insight and work cross functionally to improve all aspects of operations within our large industrial facility.
We are a deliberately collaborative team working with other teams both inside and outside of LVO. We are part of the connected global team of business control professionals across the Volvo Group worldwide leveraging the best ideas and proven solutions. We challenge each other and strive for continuous improvement while maintaining a balance by working hard and having fun. We get stuff done. We are in the middle of a journey to introduce new products and technologies to the plant; to improve plant performance, customer excellence and assure a bright future for Mack and our families. Join us on this exciting journey.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- You will be developing new tools and ways of working within Business Control.
- Experimenting and pushing the envelope with business intelligence, robotic process automation, data management, visualization, statistics and accounting to provide new insight into operations.
- Developing new tools to share meaningful real time data with colleagues utilizing new apps which are agile, dynamic and accessible.
- You will collaborate with teams from other plants as well as our global headquarters in Sweden.
- You will participate in our journey to reach operational excellence.
- You are expected to think big and to think outside of the box to elevate our performance through innovation and technology.
- You love manufacturing and the idea of working in the automotive industry.
- You are passionate about new technologies and digital tools.
- You have a bachelors degree in either accounting, finance, economics or business with a second major or minor or strong skills in statistics, computer technology or computer programming.
- You have either just graduated or graduated within the past two years.
- You are naturally curious and creative and an excellent communicator.
- You understand the basics of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
- You have an interest in international business and working with high performing teams.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.