Humphree, based in Gothenburg on the west coast of Sweden, provides speed at sea through innovative technology solutions. Founded by a team of hydrodynamic experts and naval architects, the company was formed in 2001 to provide cutting-edge products and services tailored to unlock the true potential of all types of fast vessels in dash—new or existing. An increasing number of products in Humphree’s exclusive portfolio involve innovative use of interceptors, systems optimizing vessels, running trip, reducing pitch and roll motions, and steering alternatives to water-jet bucket deflection.
Our products make the difference – the difference between enjoyment and sea sickness… the difference between low and high fuel consumption.
Who are we looking for to join us?
Currently, we are looking for a Regional Sales Engineer to join our Humphree USA team! This position will be located remotely on the West Coast near a major airport. We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record who will contribute toward Humphree’s growth goals. We need someone who is technically sharp and able to adapt their technical understanding to Humphree’s product line and applications.
In this position, you will be responsible for developing marine commercial and leisure sales through guided sales activities and application success, as well as ensure that Humphree products are installed properly to maximize uptime, decrease the possibility of harm to person(s), and to aid in the reduction of warranty costs. Some of the key things you’ll do as a Regional Sales Engineer:
- Pursue new OEM business and sales opportunities, as well as maintain and grow existing accounts in the assigned area of responsibility (AOR). The AOR for this position will be on the West Coast.
- Conduct consultative marketing and sales calls, engaging all supporting disciplines necessary and be adept at identifying key decision-makers within a designated customer network.
- Ensure that sales, application engineering, and service-related efforts contribute to sales development at assigned accounts.
- Serve as key account manager for selected existing and new accounts in the assigned AOR, as well as facilitating and managing interfaces between Humphree and the customer to ensure satisfaction is achieved. You will also be providing management with required sales contact reports, customer updates, and issue tracking.
- Assume primary responsibility for training designated Humphree dealers, OEM and fleet customers, and end-users in the installation and set-up of Humphree products, warranty procedures, parts return, parts lookup workshop methodes and maintenance.
- Investigate customer product complaints and make on-site decisions for resolution.
- Actively participate in boat/trade shows, dealer meetings, magazine testing, and promotional initiatives to help promoted Humphree’s product line.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, naval architecture, or related technical degree; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the marine field—service or manufacturing.
- Experience with CAD, a plus.
- Boating fabrication and modification experience, a plus.
- Experience with marine application engineering, a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, and Outlook.
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
- Ability to read engineering drawing and interpret technical specifications.
- Strong background in electronic systems with the ability to read wiring diagrams and schematics.
- A self-directed self-starter... able to work with minimal supervision.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.