Group IT – Infrastructure and OnSite Services (IOS)
Group IT – Infrastructure and OnSite Services is a global unit consisting of approximately 700 employees and consultants in most of the Volvo Group’s locations. Our mission is to ensure that we provide Volvo with the right End-User tools and services at agreed quality and to an optimal cost.
Business Infrastructure Management (BIM)
Business Infrastructure Management is a global department in charge of IT Infrastructure & end user services for all TD/BAs, which encompasses:
- All "end-user IT workplace" services (IT equipment, MyPlace client, Telephony, IT helpdesk, Desktop applications, collaboration workplace inMS Office 365, e.g. TEAMS and SharePoint, ...)
- As well as common and shared IT services such as Network (Wired ethernet network, WiFi, and other specialized connect services), Printing and Identity management services (User Accounts ...).
Business Infrastructure Manager
As a Business Infrastructure Manager, you will be the strategic interface for End User and Shared Infrastructure. You will capture requirements, communicate decisions, priorities, and relevant project information as well as proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities. The focus will be on strategic initiatives and plans, proactive, anticipatory, and driving in nature and provides significant value to business units. As a Business Infrastructure Manager, you will facilitate the planning and execution of business changes supporting the overall transformation and digitalization of the Volvo Group.
Role mission & context
The mission is to make sure the offer, the delivery and usage of IT services to meet business goals of our business entities. You are responsible to fulfill this mission over your assigned service portfolio and/or geographical scope.
You operate in a global context, having a number of interfaces to other functions such as business entities IT stakeholders, the different entities within IOS enabling our services, application development departments and our partner HCL.
Capture Volvo business entities needs in terms of new IT services and address them within Group IT strategies, service development and deployment roadmaps / projects
- Plan, prioritize and process business requests for existing IT services until final delivery
- Manage IT equipment expense and capital budget on behalf of our business entities
- Manage relationship & dialog with relevant business and Group IT stakeholders for Infrastructure & IT services
- Coordinate site IT contacts community & related operations regionally for a consistent user experience
- Drive deployment and efficient adoption of new IT services
- Drive efficient usage of existing IT services
- As a member of Business Infrastructure Management, contribute to the Infrastructure Portfolios Service Strategy and Design work done by Service Management Team
- Coach, develop and support business infrastructure managers in your team
- Manage all people in the team in terms of recruitment, retention, competence development, salary setting etc…
- Challenge and authorize demands and requests coming from our business entities
- Decide which demands and requests must be prioritized to meet Service deployment and IT equipment budget frames
- Initiate service deployment initiatives, within the strict budget frames allocated by IOS
As a Business Infrastructure Manager, you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a leader and excel in behaving according to the Volvo Group values.
Since you are part of a global unit, with global responsibilities, you will need to actively cooperate with various stakeholders and navigate with ease in a multi-cultural environment.
You are also expected to have a strong business mindset and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your unit, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
A broad knowledge of automotive industry key processes and business solutions is a strong merit.
- Relevant degree of education
- Strong experience in IT infrastructure design and/or delivery and/or support
- IT services and infrastructure knowledge, with at least an “advanced user” level in one or several of the Volvo Group IT service catalog
- Business oriented, ability to manage interactions with business stakeholders
- Significant project management culture
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Able to learn of the fly when facing new problems
- Leadership experience (functional or line manager)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Complete proficiency in English
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
You have the opportunity to work with highly skilled colleagues in an exciting and global environment. We, in IOS, are actively working to develop people, both professionally and personally.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.