With that, we are “Building Tomorrow”!
Do you want to be a part of building the world we want to live in?
Right now we are looking for an IT Solution Architect within Architects US, Solution Architect Chapter to support our Aftermarket business areas as well as providing continuous support to our delivery organization.
In this role you’ll interact with stakeholders and global teams to ensure that business needs are fulfilled – both related to one-time and run-time deliveries. You will have great opportunities to influence our way of working and drive continuous improvements together with the teams. For this position we put a high focus on interpersonal skills and attitude. You are passionate about people, customer value and technology. You have a proven record of the ability to take decisions and create strong networks.
This role is located in Greensboro, NC. Relocation assistance is available.
- Ensuring architectural quality and business value in IT investments
- Evaluating business partner needs, aligning them to strategic priorities, and recommending innovative, competitive, and secure solutions for Aftermarket
- Participate in all part of the life cycle, e.g. innovation – development – runtime
- Collaborate with architects with other focus areas to find solutions that works well together balancing many quality attributes within and across solutions as well as alignment with IT security directives
- Actively join the target architecture work for Aftermarket as part of the overall Volvo target architecture
- Understands business drivers and capabilities needed to determine enterprise solution architecture and deliver solutions to support the organization’s targeted business outcomes
- Manage and develop the enterprise architecture for a variety of projects, working closely with the business, operations, application development, and security teams to deliver a cohesive and adaptable solution architecture
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Leading architectural activities such as roadmaps, application fitness exercises, and acting as a Subject Matter Expert in business meetings
Mindset and Competence:
- Passionate about IT-architecture and how to balance the technology and business needs
- Experience within IT architecture and solution development based on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google cloud) and integration services on and across these platforms
- Integration of in-house, COTS, SaaS and Cloud solutions
- Experience from working with IT-solutions in heterogeneous/multi-platform environment
- Shift left security
- You have a good understanding of design patterns and appreciation of the purpose and the practices of Agile
- Strong experience communicating effectively with security, application, and business teams
- You have failed and overcome difficulties and learned from mistakes
- You have experience from working in a global environment
- You have demonstrated a growth and learning mindset
- You have an innovative and learning mindset.
- You have the ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- You can support a holistic view of the enterprise, its business capabilities, processes, information model and supporting IT portfolio.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
Technical Experience Required
- Ideally 3-5+ years of related architecture experience.
- Experience and/or good knowledge of Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Microservices/Containers, modern integration technologies
- Multiplatform experience
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.