We are currently looking for a student to work with our Test Automation & Driver Electronics Team as an Electrical Engineering Intern/co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as to provide an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Manager of the Test Automation & Driver Electronics department.
- Develop hardware and software components and systems to automate testing of electronics and connectivity components for GTNA
- Create or update Product Documentation and prepare components and software for test and release to production
- Specific tasks may involve troubleshooting and designing electronic circuit boards and working hands on with automotive electronic components, control units and wiring and writing embedded software in a variety of languages (i.e. C, C#, Python, etc.)
- Work with agile processes and engineering standards to maintain efficient, well organized, reusable and reliable hardware and software to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and robustness of the products
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field of study at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops will work up to 40 hours per week and do not attend classes during the semester, but enroll in a co-op at their university to receive credit.
- Students will be expected to spend as much of their time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the student to work a portion of their time from home if required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.