EPTS is a department that works with embedded products, tools, and support for factories and workshops all over the world. At EPTS we feel proud of being an enabler in connecting all the integral parts together in the truck, bus, construction equipment, or boat in order to make our customers successful, on the roads, at the construction site, or at sea. We have unique knowledge within the Embedded Software area and work thoroughly with the quality of our releases, to deliver the right software to our stakeholders and end-users.
The area is developing rapidly to support the product evolution, the new generation of Volvo products, and solutions. If you are interested in topics like connected trucks, autonomous driving, digital twin, and new ways of handling the deployment of the vehicle software, this is the place for you.
We are a global team, with colleagues working from Poland, Sweden, and Brazil.
We are now looking to strengthen one of our teams with more skillful people in the user experience area (UI/UX). In order to deliver value to our users, we collaborate with them by end-user studies and evaluations - to show our work and get input and feedback on it. We believe in showing “unfinished work” early in the process and interacting with our users in various ways to have an open ongoing dialogue.
He/she will be also responsible for implementing new requirements, enhancements and maintaining the solution together with the teammates.
He/she will also be active in the daily work with methods, tools, coaching, and improvements.
While we are looking for a person with stable skills in user experience, we are also looking for a person with the growth mindset, “can do” attitude, and good character. The person we are looking for needs to have an open mind and be interested in working in any area that is needed to make the team complete the best outcome.
Comments on Experience and Skills
In order of priority, we ask you to consider the following:
- Excellent UX skills and enthusiasm for new challenges. Must have a good understanding of the business goals (with a focus on achieving them) and stakeholder/user needs when working with change requests.
- A strong believer in the value of UX and the resilience of standing up for it.
- Knowledge of user-oriented design rules (UX) and utilize UI trends and best practices.
- Experience in user interface design (at least one of mobile, web, or desktop), building interactive mockups.
- Propose changes that make the software product more efficient and/or reduce operation or maintenance costs.
- Understand complex issues and identify opportunities and risks. Highlight risks and impacts not covering end-user needs in business decisions.
- Willingness to work with cooperation with team members (IT Architects, Developers, Quality Assurance). The entire team takes an active part during running a pre-study.
- Professional approach to work, a strong sense of responsibility, and ownership for assigned tasks.
- Contribute to building and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders and users.
Nice to have:
- Experience in event and click-tracking tools.
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- Passion for the user and understanding their frustration and business opportunities
- Open mind and being an honest, team player
- Understanding of Agile Practices
- Very good communication & presentation skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.