You can be a part of this if you join us at Connectivity – Entertainment and Connected Services (EACS), where we are in the heart of this. We work with our android based HMI heavy Service and Entertainment head unit. We develop the on-board application and the connected services.
Connectivity is a key enabler for the future of the Volvo Group. Our service and connected android system is enabling new features in the entertainment productivity and uptime field.
You will belong to the EACS management team.
The development in the area of connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for an Architect to front our Entertainment and Connected Services Software Agile Release Train into the future.
The mission & responsibilities are:
- Drive and deliver road maps, strategies and technical investigations to clarify and set the path going forward
- Work strategically and in cooperation with Google and other big players
- Be the true cross functional interface for cross systems matters spanning from Volvo Group Connected Services (back office) to EACS to the built trucks running out in the market to mobile apps etc.
- Secure that our technical solutions are cross functionally secured
- Be the EACS front office for matters that needs to be systemized over other departments, suppliers, in-house development and technologies
- Secure that the solutions are developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to stipulated processes, methods and tools
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
- Actively participate in developing the working environment for us at EACS
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a technical leader and excel getting things done and cleared out. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your area of responsibility, understanding how these contribute to the Volvo Group vision and strategy.
As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
The following qualifications are required:
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent
- Documented technical leadership
- Experience within Android development, Android design principles and its SDK
- Experience with the Android Open Source Project and how to turn it into a viable product
- Experience from working in distributed automotive electrical systems (Autosar knowledge is meriting)
- Minimum 7 years of experience from automotive electronics development both software and hardware (meriting is from the area of connected services)
- Experience of agile methods such as SCRUM, KANBAN, SAFe framework etc. is meriting
- Experience from IT development is an asset
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Have the ability to drive for results and to take own initiatives and both drive your actions and to lead others
- Have excellent prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Be business and customer oriented
- Have an inspiring leadership and find it rewarding to coach co-workers to perform their best in a successful working climate
Gunnar Hiljemark, Global Technology Manager - Entertainment and Connected Services, phone +46 31 32 23560
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.