Do you want to be part of a global organisation leading the development of the
Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions? For us “connected for efficiency, sustainability and safety” is much more than a tagline. If this sounds interesting to you, keep on reading!
At Volvo Group Connected Solutions we work at the forefront of connectivity with data from over
1 000 000 Volvo Group customer assets. Together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group we create real value, not only for our customers but also for society at large.
This is us, your new colleagues
As you can imagine, keeping track of over 1 000 000 connected customer assets rolling around the world is indeed a challenge. Now ponder, that vehicles in a few years will be autonomous – and you’ve got the challenge of your life. Our Technology team manages the development and maintenance of our global connectivity platform – and your experience is needed.
We are now looking for a Lead developer / SW architect within the product domain called Organization Services, which handles generic platform features to manage users and drivers in a fleet context, and how fleets relate to customers, markets and our dealer networks. As a Lead developer / SW architect you work both in the domain team as a developer and you work closely with the domain architect.
As Lead developer / SW architect you are able to produce high quality code using advanced concepts and designs and you are able to coach and support colleagues on a regular basis.
Your main areas of responsibility and tasks are:
- Develop new software applications according to our standards and software development best practices
- Deploy, operate, troubleshoot and maintain our applications incl. driving continuous improvement of the same for better quality, functionality and cost effectiveness
- Actively contribute to the solution design of new services and continuously share requirements, design details and options, viable test approaches and implementation specifics with the team
- Actively contribute to technology selection and ensure usage of shared technical standards, tools, and platforms
- Actively contribute to securing alignment of architecture design with architecture principles and with Volvo Group Security directives
- Be in control of parts of the team’s delivery from architectural perspective and lead development initiatives with medium size/complexity
- Actively coach and support team members wrt design and development concepts, code quality and test mindset
- Communicate and present design proposals or architectural concepts to architects and product owners.
We are looking for a person with a positive attitude and excellent analytical skills. Someone who is great at problem-solving and passionate about technology. In this team we are curious about everything at work and have a “can do” attitude solving our challenges together. We would like our new colleague to have this same curiosity, drive and being a team player.
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you probably have:
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science or similar
- A solid experience as SW developer and/or architect
- Experience from DevOps and/or lean and agile development
- Experience from automotive industry and preferably also telematics, connected vehicles
- High skills in Java 8 (or later), Spring framework and micro services as Springboot applications
- High skills in asynchronous programming, JMS, Amazon cloud services and test automation frameworks
- High skills in coding best practices (like DRY etc) and in reaching high coverage on unit tests, integration test and component test for the code produced
- High skills in all applicable linux command line commands and syntax
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish are also preferable.
What can we offer you?
You will be part of a team that creates great results through amazing people, strong relationships and a high- performance culture. We are of course using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service- based service platform hosted in the cloud. We use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum, all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
Our main hub and headquarter is in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization. We have a flexible workplace approach regarding where we perform our job, to help facilitate a good work-life balance.
Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
Want to know more? Contact us!
Please contact Annika Öhlander, Manager Organization Services, +46 765538663
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.