At Volvo Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group?
The time is now.This is us - your colleagues
‘Data’ is a new function within Volvo Digital & IT with the goal to unlock the power of data for the full Volvo Group to become a fully data-driven company! With data, the core component of our transformation journey, we will, together with our data talents, make the Volvo Group 2030 vision happen. We will take care of all the aspects of Data, how it is quality assured, documented, made available, prepared and consumed through BI, Analytics and Machine Learning. We have an ambitious transformation in front of us, with an implementation of the Data Layer in Azure as well as the reinforcement of Data Governance and Data Management in the full Group.
The ‘Data’ function is a large multi-cultural organization with 600+ employees and contractors located mainly in 7 countries - Sweden, Poland, India, Belgium, Brazil, USA, and France. In this role, you will be joining as a Enterprise Data Modeler.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Volvo Digital & IT, with Truck Divisions, Business Areas and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.Role description
The accountability for you as an Enterprise Data Modeler is to drive the development of an Enterprise Information Model with focus on our key data domains. You are working with business experts, development teams and architects to be able to create and/or support conceptual, logical as well as physical data models.
As an Enterprise Data Modeler, you will work with ensuring the architectural consistency of the Enterprise Information / Data models, e.g. alignment of definitions and models.
To succeed in this role, you must be self-propelled and have excellent leadership skills and be business oriented in your mind-set hence you will actively support and guide business stakeholders on how to pursue business objectives with support of IT.Core responsibilities as Enterprise Data Modeler:
Who are you?Technical Skills required:
- Understanding business drivers, expectations and need for data modeling
- Drive the implementation and manage the maintenance of the Volvo Group Enterprise Information Model aligning with the overall North Star IT Architecture and roadmap
- Lead the dialogue and cooperation with vendors regarding Industry Data Models
- Support data modeling related tasks in both one-time (project) and Run-time activities (maintenance)
- Support and coach Information Architects in their daily work
- Interacts with Information Owners and Business Information Architects to ensure the alignment and support of the Enterprise Information / Data models for each data domain
- Work as data architect evangelist within Volvo Group, frequently meeting and interfacing with colleagues around the global Volvo Group organization
- Keep a continuous dialogue with architects, information owners, product and system owners responsible for sources and other stakeholders
- Participates in or performs modeling workshops
- Support in building information asset awareness and the importance of value-, cost- and risk dimensions in close collaboration with Information Owners
- Support in managing and governing the data architecture (incl. definition and structure) of business-critical information assets throughout the end to end lifecycle
- Follow the overall architectural processes, policies and code of conduct within Volvo Group
- Support in data governance operations and strategy, coordinate people and activities to meet data governance goals
- Supports reduction of complexity in business processes, information, applications and integration
- University degree, preferably computer science or related field
- Minimum 7 years of documented experience as an Enterprise Data Modeler, Information Architect or similar position
- Strong experience and knowledge within Data Management with focus on Data Modeling, Data Quality, Data Lineage, MDM and Meta Data
- Must have knowledge and experience from enterprise-wide, subject oriented data modeling, including experience of industry (enterprise) standard data models
- Strong knowledge about Data Governance as well as Enterprise Architecture with focus on Information Management
- Strong knowledge within BI & Data Analytics and data integration
- Good knowledge of one or more data modeling tools
- The ability to have a holistic approach
- Experience in procurement process
- Knowledge of Agile framework
We search for passionate people who want to help us make the transportation industry sustainable. We believe you are a team player with excellent communication skills who is strong in building relationships. The ability to work in fast-paced, action-oriented environment and ability to understand and digest complexity is key. We continuously strive for improvement and need pragmatic, result oriented, self-going people who live the Volvo Group values.Curious about getting to know more? Contact us on:
Hiring Manager: Mathilda Janson, Delivery Manager, email@example.com
HRBP :Hanna Ekman, firstname.lastname@example.orgUnion representatives:
Johan Svedberg +46 31 3222712
Ulrika Holmberg +46 73 9025071Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.