Who are we? The Technical Services department is part of the Quality & Customer Satisfaction organization. We support Volvo Group Truck products operating in North America and for Mack globally through our technical knowledge, problem-solving, & service. We are responsible to investigate vehicle field quality issues & deliver professional support and communication between the Brand aftermarket support network & Product Development organizations. We contribute to the Product Development process with our field and aftermarket expertise.
- Contribute to Quality goals supporting the NA market & Mack globally to maximize vehicle uptime, minimize warranty cost, and maximize customer satisfaction: early detection of customer quality issues, first-time-right repair guidance, diagnostic robustness
- Provide technical service for vehicle product quality issues (hardware, electrical, software) with engineering expertise, advanced diagnostics, and analysis tools. Work closely with Volvo field service network as a technical resource to provide remote and/or on-site vehicle technical investigations to resolve customer vehicle problems with urgency. Convert product knowledge gained through analysis and field investigations into knowledge shared within Volvo to influence our designs, and workshop experience.
- Initiate & guide technical problem definition investigations and root cause analysis of complex field product issues. Lead technical investigations through “real-time” & “hands-on” product technical problem solving using engineering tools. Engage component & system experts to define the product problem, cause, & recommended solutions.
- Travel will be required (<20%), rarely on short notice.
Personal Qualifications, Competencies, and Experiences:
- Valid US Work Authorization
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- Minimum 4 years experience in the automotive-related or technical industry, preferably in Engineering or Service
- Preferred experience and knowledge in Base Engine Assembly and Air Handling components and systems
- Preferred data acquisition tool skills: ATI Vision
- Passionate about problem-solving and improving the customer experience
- Communicate effectively & in a professional manner across all levels of the organization
- Strong Technical and Analytical skills
- Capability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
- Commercial Driver’s license desired, but not required
- Knowledge of PC/Microsoft Office applications required also preferred knowledge of development and diagnostic tools
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.