£1,000 Joining Bonus!
Great opportunity to join our team in Croydon!
Rotating weekly shift:
Week 1 0600hrs to 1430hrs
Week 2 0930hrs to 1800hrs
(1/2 hr unpaid lunch)
Alternative Saturday 0600hrs to 11am or 0700hrs to 1200hrs
(one week working 40hrs, next 45hrs)
May be required to support early/late shift Workshop Parts (as and when required)
This is an exceptional opportunity to join one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. The Volvo brand has been built up over decades and is the second-largest heavy-duty truck brand in the world, with strong core values of safety, quality and environmental care.
A pivotal role within the Dealer parts operation. Responsible for developing and sustaining superior parts performance whilst ensuring consistently high levels of customer service and support to ensure customer satisfaction. Whilst at the same time ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures and ultimately the overall success of the Dealer operation.
Main Duties include
- Promote the benefit of Volvo parts and service at all times.
- Ensure Customer orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification.
- Ensure that parts required for customers are picked and allocated to the correct delivery route(s).
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt.
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned (located) accurately.
- Ensure that invoices/credits are properly and accurately raised for goods supplied or returned.
- Ensure warranty claim, VCM, IBT (inter Branch Transfers) and special claims are reconciled correctly.
- Ensure the accuracy of perpetual inventory stock counts.
- Documenting and reporting the condition of parts received notifying any relevant party of damage or concerns.
- Inspecting old units or parts returned for credit and reporting damaged or unsuitable items to the Parts Manager.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
- Working as a team player, flexible and helpful ensuring support for both colleague and customer.
- Carrying out weekly stock checks at Customer premises.
- May be required to support early and late shift workshop parts (as and when required).
There are some essential components needed for this job – strong customer orientation with the ability to work in an organised & methodical manner in a fast moving environment. You will have good communication skills and be able to modify your approach in specific circumstances to ensure a positive outcome. With proven negotiation skills and experience of selling techniques, you will be a team player with a flexible and positive approach.
Previous experience in a similar role is ideal but not essential as training and support will be provided. However, strong IT skills will be required.
- Competitive salary + overtime
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Company pension
- High St and Retail discounts for family & friends
Volvo Group UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.