The Connectivity team in Bangalore is an integral part of Global Connectivity organization which shall secure connected vehicles supporting the increasing demand for soft products. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services such as driver assistance, truck specific navigation and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Connectivity team develops software for telematics systems for several Volvo companies.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer for one of our agile teams, the team responsible for the operations and CI (Continuous Integration) chain for the development of the Android-based entertainment platform that we Vehicle Connectivity are responsible for. Besides having the technical knowledge, you are expected to be a proactive team player, result oriented, willing to share your knowledge and, at the same time, receptive.
- Responsible to establish an integration and verification environment that enables Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment of Software
- For reducing lead time-to-market and increasing product quality.
- Responsible for continuous integration of all internally-developed software and the tool chain at Volvo Trucks Vehicle Connectivity.
- Responsible for securing that the software components are well integrated with the hardware and user environment
- Troubleshooting (Test environment, Test execution and ) and analysing Nightly test / Regression
- Work closely with the software development team to identify the root cause of defects w.r.t. test environment and test execution
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- At least 4-8 years of experience in software development, not only having “used” sometimes but rather advanced knowledge and large experience in:
- Jenkins administration (Jenkins configuration as code JCASC)
- Android App development and build tools
- Android Open Source Project (AOSP)
- Linux Server Administration
- Very good understanding of Continuous Integration and software tool chains
- Good knowledge of version control systems (GIT)
- Experience in test of embedded systems (unit testing, component testing, etc.); experience in test automation is a big advantage
- Agile processes (KANBAN, SCRUMBAN, SCRUM), experience from agile product development using the SAFe framework
- Experience from automotive in the area of infotainment
- Verification V3 and V4 rigs
- Basics of CAN (e.g. J1939) protocol and Canalyzer, CANOE, CAPL
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in AGILE WOW
- Experienced at working in a global organization with cross functional interaction
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
In return we offer:
- Professional challenges in the exciting field of connectivity and infotainment.
- A workplace where growth of our employees is in focus.
- A chance to make a difference in our path toward Continuous Integration.
- Challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology.
- We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
- A great team which will make every day great
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Mithun Nagaraj, Group Manager, Integration and Test infrastructure
We want your application before 2021-11-30
Location: Bangalore, India
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.