Are you the kind of person that likes to solve problems? Do you love engines and technology? Does the chance to create & analyze data to develop new and advanced engine and emissions solutions excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will be Doing
Volvo Group is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join our team. We are looking for a self-driven, highly motivated individual who will work with other experienced engineers to develop the skills needed to design and calibrate engines and emissions solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Learning how to run test cells, make sure the data is good quality & troubleshoot issues.
- Developing skills needed to analyze engine data & make adjustments to various performance parameters, i.e. fueling, EGR Flow, air flow, etc., in order to minimize emissions & maximize fuel economy & performance.
- Analyzing data & adjusting on-board diagnostics (OBD) monitors accordingly.
- Learning how to hook-up & operate data acquisition equipment in vehicles to trouble shoot engine problems as well as obtaining additional data to help with performance calibration.
- Working with the simulations group to train & develop engine models & run simulations to help optimize engine calibrations.
- Making recommendations regarding hardware changes & testing various features to verify if there is a performance advantage.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- 0-3 years of experience developing diesel powertrain systems
- Strong communication skills
- Action oriented engineer with the ability to work independently and under minimal supervision
- Strong motivation to solve problems and develop quality solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to successfully collaborate with global and cross-functional colleagues
- An innovative mindset with a strong customer focus
- Programming experience ((Python, Matlab, Simulink, C++, etc.) a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as required
Methodical: Able to pay attention to changes in engine performance & data & determine correct course of action.
Analytical: Knows or is capable of learning various data analysis tools to aid in testing & calibration decisions.
Adaptive: Able to react & learn quickly when facing new challenges and situations.
Collaborative: Cooperates with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.