Job Summary (Purpose of Job): This position is responsible for the mechanical repairs and services on a full line of heavy equipment and attachments. The technician will perform maintenance, diagnostics, and troubleshooting on the full line of Volvo Construction Equipment machinery and/or related equipment brands. This includes equipment components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, and computers, electrical and structural repairs including welding. Additional duties include the ability to provide consistent communication with customers, vendors, internal and external staff. Will regularly demonstrate safe and proper judgement and application of all tools and equipment.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Service and repair work for this position will only be performed in the shop
- Knowledge and proficiency in diagnosing, testing and repairing heavy equipment and related machinery.
- Understanding of basic repair diagrams and schematics
- Ability to complete and submit service reports using detailed descriptions as directed.
- Provide professional repair guidance to customers regarding their equipment problems and or options to fix those problems.
- Perform mechanical repairs and service on the full line of products represented by VCES
- Ability to work on or around heavy construction equipment, which requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas
- Consistent follow through on all job facets
- Capable of working independently or in a team, as directed.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on construction, automotive, agriculture, or mechanical related equipment
- Prior experience in the construction equipment industry preferred
- Possesses a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Must possess a set of tools sufficient to perform the job as required
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Willingly accepts responsibility and is flexible to any assignment
- Willingly works over time when needed to complete an assigned task
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and frequent stooping, bending, crouching and overhead reaching; with occasional climbing of stairs and steps or step-ladder.
- Requires occasional lifting, pulling, carrying, or pushing objects or materials, over 50lbs; and may frequently require lifting, pulling, carrying, or pushing objects or materials, up to 30lbs.
- Ability to safely work around loud, noisy and dusty equipment and environment.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and completing repairs.
- Must be able to safely and properly handle hand, pneumatic, and electric tools.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.