The transportation industry is developing at a faster pace than ever before, and we at Volvo Group want to help drive prosperity through sustainable transport solutions. An increasing global population, booming e-commerce, and a growing, connected middle class all contribute to a rising demand in construction and transportation. Climate change, congested cities, hazardous road and working conditions call for future transportation technology and systems solutions that are safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
To enable this future, Volvo Group is working in the area of electromobility and we are now offering an opportunity to join us as a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer - Electrical & Electronics.
Our Offer To You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
Volvo Group is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values, which include Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values are a major force in guiding our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision making at all levels of the organization. Our values are easy to understand, and yet fundamentally important. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?
What You Will Be Doing
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) - Electrical & Electronics performs quality assurance activities of purchased items within project phase with the objective of monitoring and guiding suppliers to define and establish processes that can deliver parts according to the agreed specifications on a consistent basis. You are responsible for the industrialization of products from sourcing phase through PPAP approval. You will manage a portfolio of suppliers within the scope of Electrical and Electronics components (examples: surface mount technology, wave soldering, wiring harnesses, electrical motors, sensors, connectors, switches, etc.) This position will report to the Supplier Quality & Development Manager, and can be based out of either Greensboro NC, Hagerstown MD, Allentown PA, or Dublin VA.
- Hold responsibility for suppliers that produce Electrical and Electronics components and assemblies
- Track and monitor APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) activities for selected components
- Participate and contribute during design and technical specification reviews (RTS) and manufacturing feasibility reviews with suppliers and Volvo stakeholders
- Perform activities with the purpose of quality assuring purchased items within projects to minimize supplier related quality failures at Volvo plant, from early project builds through industrialization
- Review printed circuit board assembly process
- Review tools and process design practices with suppliers, providing input as needed
- Review suppliers’ process to set up robust electrical/electronics assembly processes and provide input as needed
- Perform in-depth review of suppliers’ processes parameters definition to achieve and maintain optimal quality
- Review and identify suppliers’ manufacturing risks (FMEA) with suppliers, and secure action plans to reduce risk
- Lead review of Control Plan, and secure that product and process characteristics are included
- Review training program for Electrical / Electronics manufacturing
- Promote best practices for automated process control, mistake proof, automatic inspection, and segregation of defective parts
- Coach teams in Design of Experiments (DOE) for complex technical problem solving
- Perform in-depth technical process audit, aligned with Electrical/Electronics Index Audit
- Inform and educate suppliers in Volvo Supplier Quality expectations
- Provide timely disposition of PPAP documentation submitted by Volvo suppliers
- Be responsible for early quality rejections of components in the event of supplier deficiencies
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with the manufacturing process of Electrical/Electronics assemblies
- Experience in automotive APQP/PPAP
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards (IPC)
- Experience with tool design and process flow for electronics assembly
- Experience working under automotive quality management systems ISO/IATF 16949
- Strong continuous improvement and zero-defect mentality
- Experience with Six Sigma / Lean Manufacturing principles
- Developed organizational and time management skills
- Ability to create networks, collaborate, and lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Desire to travel to suppliers approximately 50-75%
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Expansive career growth/advancement opportunities
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 supply chain partners in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.