Job title: Financial Solutions Intern (Commercial Finance)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits: £18,000.00 25 days holiday, Employee Assistance Program with counselling and coaching, gym discount, free parking, shopping and travel discounts, social club, volunteering day
Current degree requirements:
- Studying for a Business / Management degree.
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
- Academic grades on track for a First or High 2:1 on their chosen studies
Brief description of department:
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is a captive finance company within Volvo Group UK. The Warwick office employs over 90 people in different departments. We provide financial services for truck, bus and coach and construction equipment within Volvo Group UK. In Volvo Financial Services, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect to provide expert financial solutions including finance, insurance, to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales.
About the role:
As an Intern you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service for internal & external customers. You will also be interfacing between VFS, the market companies and the dealer network to ensure the smooth running of all transactions. You will manage the asset and customer through the life cycle of an agreement (Cradle to Grave)
This placement within VFS offers the successful candidates the opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop a broad range of critical skills of complex leasing within a financial services environment. During the placement you will be working with established and efficient teams looking to further develop the service offering to customers.
During the placement, the successful candidates will have exposure to all teams within the Operations department and will experience the full end to end process when financing an asset, working in different departments and supporting customer and process improvements.
The role will be tasked with supporting activities and driving projects to deliver both customer experience and process improvement:
- Liaise with customers and the dealer network, answer, and resolve their queries according to defined service level standards.
- To check legal documentation to ensure that Credit Conditions and legal requirements are met and all information is correct before processing.
- To ensure copy of all Contracts are signed and posted to Customers and Dealers where necessary.
- Processing of payments to Dealers and Market Companies.
- Relationship building with customers and dealers
- Review daily control reports maintaining accuracy of all information relating to Finance & Maintenance Agreements
- Daily monitoring of key business controls
- Regular review of processes and updating where necessary
- Produce reports for both internal and external customers
- Leading and being part of Projects in a Continuous Improvement culture.
The existing team leaders and their appointed line manager will support the successful candidates in their development in this role.
In addition to the core project, this new role will also support the wider remit of the Volvo Financial Services team, with a range of tasks to support team deliverables & providing a broader placement experience for the successful applicant.
- General assistance to other members of the team as required
- Any other duties as assigned
Competencies, skills and knowledge required:
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft packages to include Excel and Word
- Well organised and able to plan and prioritise work
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work as a team player
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to learn quickly
- Able to adapt to change and new situations
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.