We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards. Monitor the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing, equipment set-up, or inputs so that production specifications are met and resources are used efficiently. Supervise staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed, and all machines and equipment operated, safely. Train new workers in the organization's operating procedures and standards. Prepare production reports so that performance problems can be identified and resolved. Reports to a Production Manager.
- Utilizes knowledge about the assembly, manufacturing methods, techniques, and processes that are required to ensure products conform to established customer and company quality standards to lead the production team.
- Works closely with Assembly Line Value Team Leaders to ensure efficiency in immediate area of the production facility.
- Plans and builds to the daily production work schedule, ensuring production goals are met on a daily basis.
- Troubleshoots daily problems and communicates all non-conforming situations or events to management.
- Observes to ensure all line set ups are balanced and operating properly.
- Develops, recommends, and implements more efficient processes that will increase productivity while maintaining quality standards.
- Ensures new employees have a high level of care during the first few weeks of employment with special emphasis with onboarding.
- Coaches and counsels employees who need help improving their job performance.
- Promotes a positive work environment.
- Practice and implement safe work environment by following company policies and procedures as well as OSHA standards.
- Drive and master 5S principles throughout all activities
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work and supports the Distribution Center Manager or Production Manager role.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate professionally and clearly in English.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently or in a team environment; able to make decisions demonstrating good judgment.
- Adapts well to changing environment and varying daily tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills- knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) suite and various company software programs including SAP
- Understand the fundamentals of manufacturing methods, techniques and equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and motivate others.
- Responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information.
- The job is located on the production floor. Could involve extended periods of standing or walking; or sitting while using a computer or other devices are common.
- Could involve periods of standing or walking, or sitting while using a computer
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of 10-20 lbs. of force (e.g., carrying a laptop, binder, or both) is required. Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, mobile devices, calculators, copiers, scanners).
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in a technical field
- Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably one dealing with custom procedure trays
- Two years of manufacturing lead or supervisory experience.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Mack Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan. Mack also offers a competitive vacation package including short and long term disability program coverage.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.