- Analyzes requirements, releases orders, and negotiates with suppliers according to needs determined using our MRP system
- Negotiates with suppliers regarding reduced lead times, eliminated minimums and lot sizes, delivery frequency, and packing and transportation modes and conditions
- Analyzes, supports and implements the proper operation of the computerized data system in relation to both supplier and company needs
- Analyzes the impact of changes or additions of new parts. Determines effective points so as to minimize obsolescence and shortages
- Calculates latest possible end dates for the introduction of new parts and provides engineering and purchasing with these dates to ensure deadlines are met
- Issues corrective action requests to suppliers in relation to logistics issues
- Reviews management parameters for logistics sector to meet service, shortage and inventory turnover objectives
- Takes action to dispose of obsolete or surplus material
- Analyzes requirements and determines releasability parameters
- Follows up on order delivery
- Monitors returns, repairs and reworked parts
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- College diploma in administration, logistics management, supply management, industrial management or production operations management preferred
- 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Visio; MRP manufacturing system an asset
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Skilled negotiator
- Uses sound judgment and initiative; persistent, results focused
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America’s largest providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in the New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference?
Help electrify transportation by joining the team!
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.