Want to Join Our Journey Towards Excellence?
HVAC/BOILER TECHNICIANThis is us, your new colleagues
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth opportunities await for individuals who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey. Want to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Volvo GTO, Powertrain Production Hagerstown now has a vacant Shift Engineer position available
We are looking for a highly engaged colleague that wants to join us and the Volvo Group to help achieve our vision of becoming the most desired, innovative and successful transport solution provider in the world.
Innovations within transport will reshape the cities of tomorrow. Automated driving, electromobility and connected vehicles will allow quieter, cleaner and safer mega-cities to grow and prosper. For us in the Volvo Group, technology means having the aspiration to move forward, constantly working together to continuously improve, fostering an environment for creative/innovative thinking and evolutionary/revolutionary problem solving - all in order to reach our vision! About the Position
Perform skilled maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation, alteration and preventative maintenance of HVAC, refrigeration and low-pressure boiler systems related to industrial manufacturing and facilities machinery. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling.Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and maintains building, machine and robot HVAC, including supply and return fans, above the ceiling fan coils system, heat exchanges, pumps, compressors, coils, air filters, valves, dampers, thermostats, instruments, controls and other system components of the individual buildings.
- Monitors and maintains air conditioning systems, including chillers, pumps, valves, instruments, controls, cooling towers and their pumps and controls, and any other system components of the individual buildings.
- Monitors and maintains low-pressure boilers and hot water generators, including all pumps, valves, instruments, gas trains, controls and any other system components. Company will provide training to achieve Grade 3 Maryland Stationary Engineers License.
- Monitors and maintains food service equipment, such as walk in freezers and refrigerators, icemakers, their proximate accessories, auxiliaries, valves and controls.
- Monitors and maintains air compressors, their proximate accessories, auxiliaries, valves and controls.
- Monitors and maintains water treatment of closed and open loops to include heating water, chilled water and cooling towers.
- Responds to work requests from the Property Manager.
- Reports any unusual equipment operation conditions, and any unsafe conditions encountered in the performance of the required work to the Property Manager.
- Maintains cooperative and helpful business interactions with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for all keys, tools, tablets and equipment in their possession. In the performance of the foregoing tasks, skill is presumed in the use of common hand and power tools, as well as occasional use of special equipment.
- Completes watch tours by visual inspection of all building systems and equipment requiring walking, climbing stairs, entering small spaces and noisy spaces.
- Records findings in relevant log books as required.
- Calibrates and repairs automated building systems by physically aligning setting within design parameters.
- Maintains automated buildings systems (adjust parameters, set points, start/stop, schedule, etc.) through software application.
- Responds and effects repairs to office comfort calls and common area calls, as needed, by going to the physical site and adjusting thermostats, repairing mechanical problems.
- Responds to emergency calls in order to mitigate emergency conditions and minimize damage by performing repair at physical location according to health and safety requirements.
- Reads and analyzes blueprints and specifications in order to understand and provide information on system problems in accordance with design parameters.
- Monitors work on all building systems following published guidelines and industry
- Assure continuous and efficient operations of all building systems and equipment.
Minimum Education & Experience Required:
- Responding to calls to investigate problems at various locations and report findings Troubleshoot and calibrate pneumatic controls or building automation controls
- Troubleshoot and diagnose plumbing and mechanical problems
- Monitoring utilities, condition of equipment, property and building operations
- Clean and lubricate motors and drives and associated moving machinery parts
- Repair and replace defective equipment parts
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area, shops and storage areas
- Writing of inspection reports, work orders and time sheets
- Be able to change to needs beyond a regular daily schedule.
- Available for working hours outside of regularly scheduled work week.
- Ability to work in a Union environment.
- Knowledge of applicable building codes, ordinances and regulations of State and Local authorities pertaining to HVAC, Refrigeration and Boilers.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with Supervisors, managers, security personnel and co-workers
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of industry health and safety regulations.
- Document time worked, materials used, items purchased, inspections conducted, tests completed and scheduled maintenance performed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience performing duties which included the operation, maintenance and repair of boiler, heating, refrigeration, ventilation and power equipment of large commercial, industrial or institutional buildings including the operation and maintenance of air conditioning systems involving the use of automatic controls
- EPA Refrigerant License
- Maryland State Stationary Engineer License Grade 5 or Higher is desirable
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Employee must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions