We are now looking to recruit a HGV technician to join our team in Teesside. We Offer:
·Competitive hourly rate
·Time and a half after 39 hours
·Enhanced overtimes rates
·On call allowance
·Payments per call out
Additionally, you will receive regular training and development tailored to you, offered in house and externally when needed.
On top of this, we also offer excellent on-site facilities, 33 days holiday and pension scheme. Shift Pattern
Monday to Friday:
Day Shift : 07.00-15.15 Mon -Thurs and 07-15.30 Friday
Back Shift: 15.00-23.30 Mon Thurs and 15.00-22.30 FridayWho We Are
At Volvo we believe in a work climate characterised by respect for the individual – your voice is heard and your ideas matter. The challenging jobs that we offer in a dynamic environment open the way for personal development and stimulating career opportunities. Our diverse workplace brings together people from all walks of life, with high skill levels and a diversity of outlooks.
We believe that diversity and inclusion increase engagement, generates innovation and develops our business. Along with challenging and stimulating tasks, all these things make Volvo Truck and Bus Centre an interesting place to work.
As one of approximately 95,000 Volvo Group employees all over the world, you will be treated with respect. Together we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute to their full potential and be accepted for who they are.Training
At Volvo Truck and Bus we believe our employees are our greatest assets to enable us to deliver excellent service to our Customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals, positive working relationships between staff and managers where ideas are valued.
We offer in-house Volvo training and industry recognised qualifications in aspects of vehicle diagnostics and repair which would include new product developments such as LNG, Hybrid and Electric vehicles.ROLE DESCRIPTION
This is a weekends shift position. Your role will involve carrying out inspections, MOT preparation, diagnostic work and fault finding, carrying out repairs on engines, gearboxes, brakes and suspension systems. You will also learn to use Volvo’s in-house systems and complete paperwork such as job cards and service sheets. We will help and support you to learn to work to Volvo Service Times. At Volvo we invest heavily in the development of our employees - you can expect to receive comprehensive training to develop you to the next level of your career.KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 or equivalent, in Heavy Vehicle Repair and Maintenance
- Commercial vehicle experience – proven work experience on all makes of heavy commercial vehicles. Bus and coach experience is also of interest.
- IT literate.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and experience as a HGV Technician/HGV Mechanic/PSV Mechanic.
- LGV C + E license beneficial, not essential.
- A training path that's tailored to you. We're keen on competence development so you can expect regular in-house technical training and external courses when needed
- 33 days' holiday including bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Annual health check
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friend and family discounts on Volvo and Renault cars
- Volvo savings centre - retail and cinema discounts