The National Accounts team exists to sell MACK Trucks, achieve assigned annual sales objectives, and support the growth of the rolling population by optimizing operating leverage and focus on over delivery of customer satisfaction for our MACK dealer partners and MACK trucks corporate. The national fleets (customers) we serve have geographic requirements that effectively can only be serviced by the consolidated services and planning of the national accounts team.
Specifically, the Field Sales Engineer, in alignment with the broader purpose of the team as defined above, is responsible for achieving the over delivery of annual sales and gross profit objectives.
The Field Sales Engineer supports the national accounts team with daily sales to order entry and tracking, create and develop customized specification proposals for National Account managers to present to customers. Ensure the best solutions for customer’s application by providing technical and sales support to National Account teams.
Here is a good descriptive fit for this role. College degree in engineering, finance or IT. Naturally driven and enthusiastic for high performance with a powerful desire for career development and growth ambitions. An existing understanding of the Mack truck ordering systems or an existing strong skillset in IT systems. Regular travel with national accounts salespeople, the field sales engineer is an important part of the sales team presenting pilot reviews, attending industry shows, and participating in customer business review meetings while being able to talk with customers throughout all levels of their business. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Support day to day fleet operations, responsible for sales to order, delivery, of National Accounts
- Support the process of developing and tracking fleet pricing and concession requests for base vehicle, options and customer contract durations and purchase orders
- Responsible for coordinating, forecasting, line slot allotment and scheduling for all National and Regional Fleet Account orders
- Support the process of scheduling modification center activities (both internal and external) for National Fleet Accounts, manage pricing, timing/delivery, and quality
- Communicate status of Customer Engineering (CE) requests for National Accounts, monitor and communicate status and new (needed) opportunities of available options
- Manage National Account activity using Volvo Truck Group CRM and TSP systems, responsible for new system integration, TSP/STO
- Provide technical product support and solutions for satisfying the complex needs of our customers
- Function as liaison between all internal departments and National Accounts. This will assure all needs and questions will be addressed in a timely fashion (one stop shopping)
- Full commitment and engagement in using our sales process (IMPAX) and managing the customer relationship, opportunity pipeline, sales activities through Salesforce.com
- Sell the total Mack offering of Products and Services ensuring that customers understand Mack’s full capabilities.
- Demonstrate ability to identify, prioritize analyze and successfully resolve fleet customer problems giving a high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for reviewing quotation requests for fleet transactions and understanding deal profitability versus targets
- Receive specification information on used and new truck quotations, coordinate trade and trade back information with remarketing group to establish trade values to dealer and provide documentation.
- Remain knowledgeable on all current sales programs.
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates:
- Strong customer relations skills and capability to give formal presentations to customers at any level
- Working knowledge of personal computers, word and excel programs
- Familiarity with Mack TSP process and system
- Strong knowledge of Mack, competitor, and vendor offerings
- Understanding of Mack’s customer needs and expectations
- Change facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective, ethical working relationships with fleet customers, dealers, subordinates, peers and supporting departments to achieve sales objectives.
- Settles differences in productive ways with minimum noise, often seeing the opportunity in conflict
- Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Has a record of exceeding goals and objectives successfully.
- Has a strong bottom-line orientation
- Builds and delivers business fit and solution fit solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Identifies and seizes new opportunities
- Keeps up with current and future policies, practices, trends in the organization, with competition, and in the marketplace
- Is seen as direct and truthful
- Demonstrates a passion for the Mack organization and our Mack dealer partner networks success
- Readily learns and adopts modern technologies
Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in all areas pertaining to fleet business
- Minimum of 5 years technical truck customized specification with various Mack segments
- At least 5 years of direct customer (face to face) involvement
- Mack basic sales training course
- TMI (Truck Marketing Institute) course
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred
Frequent travel (50%)Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- State-of-the-art training and personal development
- PTO and tax deferred retirement plans, varied by business
We also offer an array of additional benefits and programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier. We will gladly share this information and more at any time during the interviewing process or as part of your offer letter.