Do you enjoy developing solutions to complex technical problems? Does the idea of playing a vital role in the testing of heavy-duty truck parts and components excite you? Are you looking to work for an organization focused on developing and maximizing customer solutions?
If yes, then you may be interested in our Embedded Software Application Engineer opening!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Our Team, Diagnostics Engineering (DE), develops Aftermarket Diagnostics for Volvo and Mack trucks. Our mission is to develop the solutions that support our customers and their vehicles to meet their deliverables and maximizing uptime! Our projects focus on everything from core technologies to integration of end-to-end solutions; We cover anything from sensors and raw data to decision support and visualization.
What You Will be Doing
As an Embedded Software Application Engineer you will be involved in developing diagnostic methods and operations to be integrated in aftermarket diagnostic tools and systems. You will work in a cross-functional environment building technical solutions together.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing tests and calibrating operations on the vehicle and component level.
- Leading work to produce Wiring Diagram Schematics.
- Creating and maintaining diagnostic operation specifications.
- Securing and synchronizing special tool needs related to methods/operations.
- Supporting the development of new or changed functionality in diagnostic tools and systems related to diagnostic data.
- Developing future diagnostic content technologies (e.g automated generated information) and creating new data structures for future diagnostics content information.
- Performing unit tests of the implemented method/operation and reporting software and system bugs found.
- Securing verification of the implemented method/operation.
- Analyzing test results and managing troubleshooting and correcting of issues.
Who You Are
You are an experienced engineer who specializes in the development, implementation and testing of embedded software applications. You enjoy working as part of a cross-functional team and learning together. You are seeking a position where you can utilize your experience while also expanding your industry and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering Physics
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience supporting embedded software applications
- You have proven programming skills (HW close or Object Oriented) and/or Distributed Systems competence
- Previous experience and knowledge of the following: UDS on CAN, Python, Canoe, Canalyzer, business and data modelling, domain driven design, JAVA Script, Dev Ops, Azure, Polymer, Virtual methods, Data Analytics, Machine learning, Model Based Design, Extended Vehicle / Automotive knowledge, System architecture (Full system on/off board)
- Great work life balance
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for annual company bonus
- Comprehensive group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong paid time off benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.