Our challenges include satisfying the needs of our customers while meeting quality requirements, time to market, features, and cost targets at complete vehicle level. We are using specific global Special Vehicles processes, organization, and governance to secure short time to market and reduced development cost.
We achieve this by:
- Focusing actions and projects to fill customers’ demands
- Providing solutions to complex tenders and support unique brand offer
- Installing alternative driveline and fuel economy solutions
We are now seeking an Electrical Engineer – Special Vehicle Development, Greensboro, North Carolina. Flexible location includes Lehigh Valley Operations, Macungie, Pennsylvania.
The Sr. Wiring and Harness Engineer is responsible for electrical wiring harness designs across multiple truck brands and across harness families. Emphasis is placed on developing truck knowledge; harness analysis; interaction within department and external organizations, detailed documentation, and report writing. The main objective is to meet project release schedules for harnesses within a particular truck brand. Other areas include, harness cost analysis, complete schematic releases, plant support activities, harness development utilizing Saber, use harness quality tools like FMEA and DFA, and checking work prior to release for 100% accuracy. The best candidate must be proficient in understanding circuit functionality, vehicle functions, wiring harness development tools and processes inside a global engineering environment.
- Serves as an engineer with ownership of multiple harness designs.
- Responsible for harness routing and clipping solutions, with emphasis on harness environment.
- Lead a group of packaging engineers that develop the harness engineers design according to Volvo R/C guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ensures design correctness and completeness for wiring harness releases within area of responsibility.
- Selects best value wiring harness components based on engineering calculations, using internal and industry wide design guidelines and recommended practices while ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Responds to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities
- Supports purchasing and product finance organizations as required.
- Supports wiring harness supplier with implementing and industrializing wiring harness designs for area of responsibility while implementing changes that will improve material cost, quality and supplier manufacturing processes.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Values Differences
- Action Oriented
- Drive for results - Ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
- Priority setting/Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects
- Team player/Has the ability to cooperate with project team to meet the established end goal
- Communication- communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately
- Self-improvement and integrity/ Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself/ widely trusted as truthful and direct
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- At least 3-5+ years engineering experience.
- Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience is an advantage.
- Travel 10-30%
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.