This is us, your new colleagues
The team is new and will be built from scratch. This means a unique opportunity to be part of the journey from the very beginning and influence the culture and the way we are working. We are going to transfer a solid business, including training from existing experts. The new setup will work with agile principles and we are planning for an incremental transition of the existing business. We are going to build a team of Classification and Compliance Specialists that will be responsible for having an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule to assign the HS/HTS Number for all goods imported and exported to by the Volvo Group. The team of Classification and Compliance Specialists support the maintenance of the Volvo Group internal classification database, which is the foundation for compliance in Customs, Trade and Export Control.
What is the job about?
- You will be responsible for a team of 15 classification specialists that on a daily basis classify all Volvo Group goods (products, material and spare parts) that are imported or exported across the world. The short-term focus will be on the North America region.
- You have a positive outlook on things, “nothing is impossible”. You strive for the best with proactive actions, efficiency and speed in execution in order to secure expected performance and you stay accountable for the compliance and volume agreements.
- Classification automation is one of our guiding stars, so in the team we will also have responsibility to maintain an operative environment for classification support, and all team members should be involved and encouraged by the Volvo principles of citizen development. As a manager, it means that you also have to have a sound understanding of use of IT in business.
- You strive to learn and develop every day and have a sincere interest to contribute to your team members’ personal developmental opportunities, both professionally and personally.
- You will coach the team and recruit in order to have the right competences and mindset to make Volvo transform.
- You will be reporting to Acting Head of Customs Service Center.
We think that the person to be selected for this position:
- Has demonstrated ability to lead, inspire, challenge and coach working teams
- Using a servant leadership attitude to build effective teams with a common objective and strong morale and spirit.
- Has excellent communication and networking skills, especially in technical English
- Is able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Has master’s degree in Engineering, Technology or Logistics
- Has Customs experience as a merit
We work together with energy, passion and respect for the individual!
If you think you are the person we are looking for, feel free to apply!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.