Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and be responsible for Purchasing related activities within NPD projects, Advanced Engineering and Cost reduction initiatives
- Secure that Purchasing requirements are considered in all project phases
- Secure that Purchasing contributors fulfil their Project deliverables and tasks
- Assign responsible buyer to new parts
- Secure that Purchasing meet overall cost targets on new purchased parts
- Plan and follow-up the sourcing of all new parts until first serial delivery
- Secure SIPD (Supplier Involvement in Product Development) in early phases in NPD projects and in AE initiatives
- Collaborate with Buyer, Supplier Development and Commodity roles within Purchasing
- Secure documented gate passing sign-off with Purchasing Steering Committee
- Represent Purchasing in the project management team
- Recommend gate passage GO/NO GO
- CIPS qualified or Degree educated or proven experience in project management
- Considerable track record of leading Purchasing activities for NPD and QDC (Quality, Delivery & Cost) projects, strategic sourcing and commercial supply chain activities in a global manufacturing organization
- Excellent communication skills are essential as is ability to constructively interact with others
- Must be a team player that can interact with all levels within the organization
- SAP experience would be advantageous
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead people within the organization without owning the resources
- Procurement process and development project knowledge
- QDCF business mindset
- Project management methodology
- Priority settings and customer focus
- Needs to be self-motivated and able to deliver to project deadlines
- Knowledge of all aspects of Procurement including Sourcing, Negotiation, Supplier Management
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to convince others and influence outcome
- Must be capable of networking and building strong relationships both internally and externally at all levels
- Strong problem analysis, judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to develop self and others
- Ability to organize and lead internal & external meetings/projects, follow-up actions and conclude solutions
- Ability to plan activities, meet assigned schedules and achieve planned targets & objectives
For more information please contact
Manager Nilsson Leif
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.