If you are ready for meaningful challenges, eager to make a difference and to go the extra mile, we invite you to apply to become a Lead Engineer for Geometrical Architect in Cab Bangalore!
In this position, you will Lead as a Geometrical Architect to deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects within the timeframe. Primarily, the role demands complete CAB knowledge to help project to deliver optimized and standardized architecture by balancing customer needs.
- Lead in cross commodity geometrical activities to fulfil the project QDCF requirements, to solve packaging / geometry issues between different commodities. This include tolerances, weight-dimensions and Feature balancing while protecting brand distinction.
- Lead the area responsibility for a given project and will support, ensure deliveries from the geometrical architects assigned to the projects.
- Actively works with and references prerequisites and BPS, identifies inconsistencies, challenges stakeholders.
- Extensive Product knowledge, including user interaction, market position, Competitors.
- Continually develops processes and comes up with proposals on how to improve.
- Set up the cross-functional packaging organization and Packaging Issue Log (PIL).
- Able to find parts and vehicles using structure. Able to order AVP vehicles, find VESPA or Protus vehicles. Able to detect most incorrect / missing parts in opened assembly
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging. Balances requirements with consideration to Project, Product and Platform needs.
- Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts.
- Leads in deciding module Interfaces within CAB and other connected Engineering commodities (ex. Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain), from a complete vehicle perspective. Also, interface with Routing leader and support to define various media routing like electrical, pneumatic, Fuel etc.
- Identify A-interface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to A-interface process, in collaboration with the area leader.
- Give input regarding geometrical impacts to stakeholders (Manufacturing-GTO, Aftermarket-AMT)
- Build geometry verification plan (virtual builds, physical builds B/C, DMU structure)
- Show progress and status for all geometry related activities. Effectively sets up and completes studies for all relevant variants in product offering during packaging studies.
- Drive Digital Mock up (DMU structure) deliveries according to DMU logic.
- Able to lead and coach other geometrical architects, and develop their skills and talents towards becoming Lead GAs.
3. Position requirements
- Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical/Automobile engineering, with min 10 years of Experience in automotive domain in the area of CAB/Vehicle integration and packaging.
- Expert in using CATIA & its modules. Knows all relevant DMU work benches including tools for sectioning, clash analysis, version compare. Sets up geometrical models in a structured and logical way so that others may read and use
- Awareness on usage of Virtual Reality.
- Hands on experience in Virtual development & simulation.
- Complete CAB and truck application knowledge.
- Leadership skills including direction setting and bring the best out of individuals as well as organization.
- Owns skills such as Cross-functional and teamwork, Problem Solving/Decision Making.
- Team player, Customer focused and Business minded.
- Innovation and creativity capabilities, open minded and visionary, holistic view
- Effective communication, Ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work under challenging, demanding and changing conditions.
The Lead Geometrical Architect will report to the Group Manager-CAB Architecture.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.