This position analyses requirements, manages AS400/Ibmi related projects, and develops software to support the corporate goals of Arrow Trucks. Provides technical documentation to custom software solutions along with application support.
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
• Lead large, complex IT programs and projects to achieve key business objectives
• Participate in the development of business strategy
• Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
• Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
• Align technology solutions with business strategies, working primarily with senior management
• Develops, tests, and implements systems and programs within allocated budgets.
• Establishes good working relationships with user departments learning and understanding their business.
• Develops system/program specifications while providing maintainability and efficiency in the use of computer resources. Adheres to published systems and programming standards and guidelines.
• Investigates and analyzes existing situations, and proposes estimates for various phases of the project. Participate in informal feasibility studies as required for major projects.
• Develops clear program specifications.
• Investigates application maintenance problems and makes corrections as required to prevent reoccurrence.
• Provides systems support as required both during and after normal working hours.
• Continues to enhance technical skills through formal education, self-study, or the application of new technologies to business solutions.
• Communicates effectively with and updates senior IS personnel.
• Manage projects related to mainframe/AS400 needs and requests.
• Situational adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
• Strategic Mind-set: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
• Analytical Skills: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
• Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
• Manages complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
• Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology
• Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Essential Educational and/or Training Qualifications and Certificates
• High School Diploma
• Professional Degree, if required
• College Degree preferred
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
• 12-15 years’ experience
• Position requires knowledge of mainframe, and database and software design methodologies, RPG II, RPG III, RPGILE, SQL,CL/CLP, External Printer file, INFOR accounting systems, Turnover, Query 400 and DB2 database, IBMI Client Access Solutions and INavigator/Iseries Access for Windows. Experience in C# .net, HTML, CSS not required, but also preferred.
• Position applies technical aspects of application systems and programming and performs complex analytical tasks.
• Position requires strong analytical, design, development and implementation skills along with strong project management skill sets.
• Minimal travel maybe required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is the leading retailer of used medium and heavy duty trucks in North America, with locations throughout the US and Canada. Since 1950, Arrow has built a solid reputation in the trucking industry by providing high-quality, pre-owned vehicles to customers who want to maximize the value of their purchasing dollars. Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, a publicly held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden.
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.