We believe in a sustainable future and with the global construction industry as our arena, we work together with our customers to turn this belief into reality for people everywhere. That is our purpose, and we live and breathe it, every day.
Who are we?
We are a team of eleven people supporting products produced in VCE Konz factory.
Right now we are looking for a
to be a part of our Konz Plant Purchasing team, located in Konz.
As a Buyer you will lead the purchasing activities for new product development, serial production and/or aftermarket/spare parts based on the sourcing strategies and the business requirements in parallel. You also optimize the total cost and assure the Quality/ Delivery/ Cost objectives of the purchased items
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the working relationships with suppliers for a site (in cooperation with other site functions)
- Perform the activities required for the portfolio: optimize Total Cost of Ownership (price, quality, logistics, manufacturing), investments, RFQ’s, negotiations (in line with Commodity Team) while ensuring product life cycle parts availability from the supplier
- Jointly work with Supplier Development to secure application of Supplier Development toolkit
- Contribute to commodity strategies and to the achievement of Purchasing KPIs targets
What we expect from you:
- If you have entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, accountability and customer-focused mindset, you might be the one to join the team.
- You should have cooperative and communication skills to be able to work cross functionally both outside and inside of your organization.
- You are well organized and structured and believe there is always room for improvements.
- You have a University degree in engineering, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or similar with experience in purchasing/Supply Chain area in relevant industry.
- Technical knowledge and negotiating skills is a must.
- You are fluent in English verbal and written communication.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.