We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager, Powertrain Report Engineering (PRE) to join the exciting change journey our Powertrain Engineering (PE) team is embarking on! Come help us develop the industry’s future powertrains, while growing the most desirable workplace for our employees!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Powertrain Engineering (PE) has full responsibility for the North America Application Center. The organization takes the product ownership role and optimizes complete powertrain systems through usage of components tailored for each application. PE USA is an organization consisting of roughly 250 employees in Hagerstown, MD and Greensboro, NC.
We are proud product owners for components, systems, and complete powertrains. We are accountable for the lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. Most of our powertrain components are traditional combustion engines, after treatment systems, transmissions, and axles. However, the importance of E-mobility components is growing every day.
We boldly face some of our industry’s most significant challenges – where reducing transport emitted CO2 emissions is one of the biggest – and are now adapting to take this on by simplifying and empowering our organization and way of working. As an integrated part of this initiative, we have high expectations to reduce development lead-time and cost while driving innovation and employee engagement through leading technology and people.
What You Will be Doing
As Engineering Manager of the Powertrain Response Engineering Team (PRE), you will have responsibility for solving our most important and complex quality items for the North America market. It will be done together with the responsible technology teams. It is the responsibility of the PRE team to drive the initial investigation, Root Cause Analysis and concept studies. You will guide your team according to the PE agile way of working. This position requires the individual to accept ownership and accountability by setting direction, assessing alternatives, rationalizing risk, and making decisions.
In this position you will be part of an organization dedicated to technology, as well as empowering and developing our employees. We always use customer satisfaction as the ultimate performance measurement.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing a key technical leadership role to the group
- Reviewing requests for design changes
- Planning, prioritizing, and directing group activities and assigning duties and responsibilities to members of the team
- Preparing and managing resource budget, including securing needed resources in other teams, locally and globally.
- Identifying, developing, and implementing new tools and training to improve the efficiency and quality of the group’s output
- Manage personal development of team members through performance review, and personal development planning
- Providing product and technical assistance to Quality & Customer Satisfaction team, Manufacturing, Aftermarket and Purchasing as required
- Representing the company as a technical expert to customers and technical organizations
Who You Are
You are an experienced leader with a strong will to deliver results and develop teams. A positive mind set and “can do attitude” characterizes your personal profile. You understand that being accountable means driving activities inside, as well as outside your own organization, thus securing excellence in the products we develop. You have a passion for combustion engines and through a high level of collaboration you can instill trust in our team and in other organizations. You have the courage to challenge the known, and you make your recommendations and decisions based on high quality data. You cultivate innovation by inspiring and motivating your team and others around you, and you are agile in addressing new inputs to continuously refine and optimize our technical solutions. You enjoy balancing between strategic plans and short-term activities. You are comfortable in taking difficult decisions, dealing with uncertainties, and standing up for the values of our company. You welcome new thoughts and ideas to challenge one another and yourself.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering is required. Advanced technical or business degree preferred
- 8-12 years of related experience.
- Previous Leadership experience preferred.
- Experienced in the automotive industry especially within the area of forefront technology development and in the Powertrain area.
- Experienced in Quality tools and Project Management.
- Good technical knowledge of the market and transport applications.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
Ready to shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.