This is us, your new colleagues
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth opportunities await for individuals who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey.
Want to learn more about Hagerstown?
We are the Heart. We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Volvo GTO, Powertrain Production Hagerstown now has a vacant Toolmaker(s) position available. We are looking for a highly engaged colleague that wants to join us and the Volvo Group to help achieve our vision of becoming the most desired, innovative and successful transport solution provider in the world.
The candidate will be responsible to construct, alter and repair tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gages. Candidate(s) must be willing to maintain good attendance, follow and maintain safety procedures and protocol.
- Receives instruction from manager as to schedule of activities and may have certain standing instructions covering some duties
- Examine parts for defects such as wear, mutilation, burns, breaks and replace and / or repair parts as required
- Perform minor machining operations on repair and replacement parts
- Constructs, alters and repairs any and all tools, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures. Sets up for and operates all types of precision machine tools as required. Per forms bench or assembly work related to construction, alteration, and repair of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gages. Sharpens and hardens tools as required. Performs major re-tooling of machines and the incidental connection and disconnection of hydraulic lines of fixtures. Works from drawings, sketches and verbal instructions. Plans and lays out own work, performs inspection duties on own and others work as required, and is responsible for all work he performs
- Programs and operates Haas and Okuma machining centers using Esprit software
- Advises manager of malfunction of machines, tools, equipment or gages and takes corrective action as directed. Recognizes dull tooling and replaces as required. Checks pieces with gages as required and verifies that parts are within specifications. Uses precision measuring instruments to check work where special gages are not available
- Toolmaker will assist other crafts when needed
- Instructs others on occasion as required and keeps records as required. Keeps work area and equipment clean and orderly at all times
- Work with other members within the maintenance team and production department to troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning machinery and equipment
- Actively participate in root cause analysis interactions with other maintenance personnel, engineers, operators, and production leadership
- Create and maintain required records/documentation
- Keep equipment and work areas clean and in order
- Provide instruction to others as required
- Strong understanding and comprehension of part prints
- Working knowledge of machining centers such as Okuma, Mazak, and Liebherr, including the ability to troubleshoot clamping and fixture issues
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft applications
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Must have root cause and/or problem-solving skills
- Must be familiar with Lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement processes
- Ability to read blueprints and GD&T
- Strong mathematical skills, knowledge of metric system and gaging
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have completed a bona fide apprenticeship, or have 5-8 years of documented previous experience, or documented combination of work experience and training equal to a bona fide apprenticeship program.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.