- The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The purpose of this position is to support the Quality and Engineering department with long-term environmental sustainability strategy for Volvo Group Trucks Operations in North America (GTO North America), primarily focusing on how GTO can achieve its objectives that are associated with Energy use, Greenhouse Gas emissions, and Climate change.
- Intern will work directly with Product and Project Quality staff and manufacturing plants personnel. Main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manage small scale projects like sustainability initiatives, continuous improvement projects, etc.
- Identify innovative practices, successful strategies, and emerging technology with potential for commercial success, to help GTO reach a climate positive vision
- Perform research and provide a report on
- Thermal renewable energy technology to replace fossil fuels
- Techniques and practices that support a climate positive vision
- Climate compensation strategies to reach neutral and positive levels
- Assist with renewable energy market analysis for the U.S.
- Support GTO programs and plans in place to achieve energy and CO2 emissions objectives and targets
- Perform data quality reviews for sustainability report and analysis for KPIs and targets
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback non-defensively.
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Please refer to the Critical Competencies Dictionary for the standard competencies applicable to all positions within Volvo Group North America.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a graduate level degree in either Environmental, Mechanical, Industrial or Chemical Engineering with a Sustainability specialization or focus. A graduate degree in Sustainability Management is also acceptable, if accompanied with an undergraduate engineering degree
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in either Environment, Mechanical, Electrical or related engineering/technology field with a Sustainability specialization or focus at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work up to 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Valid US Work authorization.
- This internship will require up to 40 hours per week during the Summer 2022 semester.
- Interns will be expected to spend as much of their internship time as possible working in the office. However, due to the unpredictable nature of the ongoing pandemic, the manager may approve the intern to work a portion of their time from home if required.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.