Does the idea of being able to use your technical background to drive profitably through product cost management excite you? Are you looking for a role that would allow you to work cross-functionally and be involved in development of future technology? Do you enjoy a warm, supportive, team-focused work environment?
If you answered yes, then this may be the role for you!
Who We Are
Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Cost Engineering is a team supporting the Volvo group mission by driving profitability through product cost management excellence and delivering engineered, and accurate product calculations to ensure customer success.
What You Will be Doing
You will be responsible for:
- Calculating part prices and tooling investments, both in new truck projects and as a support to today’s truck business.
- Performing cost target setting and cost breakdowns of new and existing parts based on drawings or physical parts.
- Starting early in the advanced engineering / concept selection phase, working intimately with engineering and design.
- Following the products thru the development phases and then actively support the targets you have set in the sourcing process.
- Supporting the change management process, calculating impact in tooling and product cost.
- Cooperating with many different parts of our organization such as buyers, engineers, project leaders, module managers and of course your colleagues within the Controlling & Strategy department.
- Visiting supplier sites and technical exhibitions in order to have knowledge about production processes and product design.
- Driving projects independently through relationship development and excellent communication skills.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar field, required. Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar field, preferred.
- 5-8+ years of experience in an engineering, sales engineering or product development background.
- Previous Cost Engineering experience is preferred.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge from the automotive industry is preferred.
- Providing expertise in at least one of these fields: Automotive fabrics, Acoustics components, Thermoplastics, Thermosets and/or Elastomers.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs
Ready to shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
PROCESSO DE CANDIDATURA
Um e-mail de confirmação será enviado assim que a sua inscrição for submetida. Depois disso, ainda será possível editar seu perfil fazendo o login em sua conta. A equipe de contratação analisará sua inscrição e as pessoas selecionadas serão contatadas com informações sobre as etapas seguintes.