Job Summary (Purpose of Job): This position is responsible for the mechanical repairs and services on a full line of heavy equipment products. Champion a “Safety First” “Customer Focused” and a continuous improvement culture. The technician will perform highly technical maintenance, diagnoses and troubleshooting on full line of Volvo Construction Equipment machinery and/or related equipment including equipment components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, computer, electrical and structural repairs including welding. Additional duties include the ability to provide consistent communication with customers, vendors, internal and external staff. Will regularly demonstrate safe and proper judgement and application of all tools and equipment.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
• Work safely at all times. Adhere to all VCES applicable safety policies. Comply with all company
Policies, procedures, standards and values.
• Knowledge and proficiency in diagnosing, testing and repairing heavy equipment and related machinery.
• Comprehensive understanding and ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics on Volvo product lines and systems.
• Ability to timely complete and submit work orders and warranty claims with detailed description as directed.
• Provide professional customer service to customers about their equipment problems and or options to fix those problems.
• Perform mechanical repairs and service on the full line of products represented by VCES
• Service and repair work for this position will only be performed in the shop
• Has good knowledge of all equipment systems, including but not limited to hydraulic, air, electrical and lubrication.
• Ability to work on or around heavy construction equipment, which requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas
• Consistent follow through on all job facets, including parts ordering and retrieval, customer follow-up, etc.
• Capable of working independently or in a team, as directed.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on construction related equipment
• Prior experience in the construction industry preferred
• Possesses a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
• Must possess a set of tools sufficient to perform the job as required
• Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
• Willingly accepts responsibility and is flexible to any assignment
• Willingly works over time when needed to complete an assigned task
Physical Requirements (e.g. mobility):
• Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and frequent stooping, bending, crouching and overhead reaching; with occasional climbing of stairs and steps or step-ladder.
• Requires occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, over 50lbs; and may frequently lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 30lbs.
• May occasionally work around loud, noisy and dusty equipment and environment.
• Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
• Must be able to safely and properly handle, pneumatic and electric tools. Benefits:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- State-of-the-art training and personal development
- PTO and tax deferred retirement plans, varied by business
We also offer an array of additional benefits and programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier. We will gladly share this information and more at any time during the interviewing process or as part of your offer letter.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For this position, the hourly rate is set at $29.53 - $37.96, and where applicable, bonus eligible. The range for this role, as well as final salary offered, is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, work-related knowledge, certifications, skills, education, and experience. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.