Join us on our transformation journey to the digital future At Volvo Group Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Group Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.This is us, your new colleagues Digital Delivery is a new function within Volvo Group Digital & IT. It has the ambition to identify and execute on new digital initiatives in tight collaboration with TD/BAs and Group Functions as well as modernize and transform our existing solutions into products and to secure agile ways of working across the whole Digital Delivery function.Being a part of Cross Domain Solution Architects team, you will support Digital Delivery teams. Your main activities and responsibilities:
Your background - Technical Experience and Skill:
- Analyse & design cross domain IT Solutions
- Analyse and documenting requirements
- Create a solution prototype
- Participate in technology selection
- Business value driven design of a computing system, covering business applications and IT infrastructures, as well as the logical and physical interrelationships between its components
- Manage IT integration solutions using relevant platforms, support services, methods and guidelines
- Manage Software architecture that guides application design and associated architecture paradigms such as service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Ensure usage of shared technical standards, tools, and platforms
- Align with Volvo Group Security directives and fulfilling the customer demands for information security
- Translate business requirements into IT architecture and describing it through a selection of architecture and design artefacts.
- Secure alignment of Architecture design with corporate architecture principles
- Contribute to enterprise architecture practices and target architecture development
- A professional, leading and contributing in procuring or planning, developing, deploying and maintaining business driven solutions within Volvo Group.
- Responsibilities can also include functional/network leader roles within Architecture
- Coach team members in using Software standards, architectures, tips & tricks
Who are you?
- At least 5 years of experience as a Solution Architect or similar positions
- Managed at least 2 to 3 large projects/programs that define and design the architecture for one or more applications or services within the organization, ensuring maximum value from IT investments.
- Must have experience of leading the solution/product development team for building highly available Cloud and on-premise services
- Must have experience in Software Architecture, Design Patterns & Anti-patterns.
- Experience in leading optimization & performance tuning of existing & new applications.
- Collaboration with the Enterprise Architect for strategic direction and follow established principles and guidelines, ensuring adherence to standards.
- Must have knowledge and experience in application integration (MQ, REST, SOA, API, …)
- Must have execute missions within Infrastructure Architecture, Integration Architecture or Software Architecture.
- Must have experience in having lead technical discussions & decisions being made regarding solutions and how they meet business needs.
- Cloud related knowledge (MS Azure)
- Good communication, facilitation and negotiations skills
- Planning and problem-solving skills
- Positive, proactive and can-do attitude
- Fluency in English (both verbal & written)
As a person you are a team player with a positive mind-set, and you are curious to further take on the various challenges of a Solution Architect. We believe continuous improvement is in your nature, you love quality, allow yourself to be inspired, have a “can do” attitude and take pride in your work. You are a believer in collaboration and interaction between teams and roles. In your role you will have close collaboration with the business stakeholders, hence your communication and presentation skills will be core skills that will help you succeed. Along with a customer focused, and well-structured way of working you will most likely be the person we are looking for.Are we a perfect match?
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. We are around 95,000 colleagues around the globe and our products and services are sold in more than 190 countries. Our brand portfolio consists of Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova bus and Mack. We partner in alliances and joint ventures with the Sunwin, SDLG, Eicher and Dongfeng brands.
The societies where many of us live would not function without the type of products and services the Volvo Group provides. Like a circulatory system, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment and different, related services are involved in several of the functions that most of us rely on every day.
Application screening will start immediately; we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible.