Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, providing state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and a competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As a Mechatronic Engineering Intern
you will work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of chassis and vehicle dynamics engineering, hardware in the loop, simulation, data analysis, mechanical design and component installation. As a valued member of the Vehicle Control Systems Team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with braking, suspension, stability, and air management systems on class 8 heavy-duty trucks.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Support hardware in the loop (HIL) integration and verification
- Vehicle control systems parameter setting and verification
- Support SW/HW development activities of our new product development projects
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigation for field quality issues
- Perform hands-on troubleshooting of vehicle control systems on heavy duty trucks
- Verify component placement and packaging with surrounding vehicle components
- Apply Quality Tools to software, components and systems during the design phase
- Assist assignment leader with day-to-day activities
- Present completed work to team in design reviews
You are a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). GTT values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the transportation industry. This position will report to the Group Manager of the Vehicle Control Systems Team.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development