Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Powertrain Engineering (PE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PE is responsible to develop and maintain products and product components of the complete driveline. It also includes Group Truck Technology’s center of development and expertise for Hydrogen solutions.What you will be doing
As an Intern
you will use automated data acquisition and data analytics to accelerate the develop of heavy-duty Mack and Volvo trucks and buses. This includes conventional, electric and fuel cell powertrains.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Creating powertrain software tools for data visualization.
- Computer programming to perform data analytical tasks with Python, C#, and other languages.
- Apply Data analysis methods to production and research and development data.
- Developing software to automate test cell operation and data acquisition.
- Collaborate with lead engineers who own the software automation systems and test engineers responsible for test cell performance.
- Interface with new product development projects to provide data analysis.
- Interfaces with Test Engineers to provide data visualization tools and software control strategies.
- Implement improvement and new features into the data engineering and data acquisition processes.
You are a Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or Data Science student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development