Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As a Mechanical Engineering intern, you will be performing complex and challenging engineering task in the field of product development for Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV). As part of the engineering team focusing on BEV you will be involved in developing state-of-the-art technologies. You will have the opportunity to work as part of the PWTI- BEV team and will be working with one of the fastest growing technologies. You are going to work with passionate, experienced, and enthusiastic engineers and will have a designated team member as your mentor during your intern experience. Your goals will be to deliver innovative concepts and technical solutions to our BEV trucks, support our Engineers in their daily task, and gain hands on experience with real-life engineering. Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Solve real world engineering problems involving the design, testing and/or manufacturing of Cooling Systems parts for Battery Electric Vehicles.
- Lead and/or contribute to the develop of advanced concept.
- Develop parts in Creo CAD system and manage product documentations.
- Work closely with simulation engineers to ensure the components meet the performance requirements with a heavy focus on minimizing power consumption.
- Lead and/or contribute to the validation requirements to ensure the durability requirements are achieved.
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager of PWTI BEV & FC.Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Summer interns may work up to 40 hours per week.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development