Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As a Mechanical Engineering Intern
you will work in a team of engineers that designs and develops the driving environment of the cab. The team is responsible for everything the driver interacts with during driving. Our job is to secure that the driver working environment is comfortable and safe and that the driver has access to what she/he needs during their workday. You will be working in the Climate team which focuses on heat transfer and fluid dynamics. Supporting with system testing, design solutions, working with physical builds, prototypes. Resolving various problems along the way
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Support Engineers to design various components, may include CAD
- Conduct various engineering studies to support designs
- Make various prototypes – such as 3D printing
- Visit production facilities and suppliers
- Root cause various problems, and recommend solutions
- Verify proposed solutions with simulation and testing
You are a Mechanical Engineering student with an interest in thermo/fluid dynamics and/or mechatronics that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager, Driving Environment.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development