Commercial and Sales Support (Fleet Sales)Salary:
Warwick Head Office
12-month placement (1st July 2024- 11th July 2025) Working hours:
37.5 hours a week Monday- Friday. 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.Degree Requirements:
- Studying for a Business/Marketing degree or related degree.
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
- Academic grades on track for a first or 2:1 on their chosen studies.
You will be part of the Volvo Trucks Fleet Sales and Sales Support departments. Volvo Trucks is a world-leading truck manufacturer, committed to driving progress and shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport. We are a close and supportive team that works hard to provide total transport solutions in the medium to heavy-duty segment and offer support to customers in more than 130 countries.
As an intern, your role will be to support the Volvo Fleet Sales and Sales Support teams and gain insights from a variety of department experts in high-performing teams while working on unique projects within the department. The day-to-day tasks will depend on the requirements of the department, dipping into areas of how we support the Key Account Sales and Administration functions with some of the largest customers that Volvo works with, within the UK and Europe. Responsibilities:
- Understand the Volvo UK Fleet Sales business and customers.
- Follow up, maintain, and improve current initiatives and internal processes.
- Support and improve current communication actions toward dealers, customers, and internal teams.
- Create and implement new ways of working in the key areas of customer contracts and sales administration.
- Assisting in local projects, recommendations, and improvement areas
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
The key focus for Volvo is to grow Electric and LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) truck sales. To optimise fleet sales opportunities the project will consist of:
Carrying out a comprehensive review of all segments and sub-segments for Construction, Waste, Regional Distribution and Long-Haul customers
Work with the Key Account Managers to develop a commercial strategy to engage with these customers, using Demo vehicles and Electric Range Simulation.Who are you:
We want someone who can work well under pressure and is confident to ask questions to learn, develop, and contribute quickly to your role. You must have high attention to detail and have a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset to help Volvo Trucks in their progression.
We need someone who has proficient skills in Office 365 and presentation skills. You must have good time management to be able to balance all your duties and be able to multitask to get deadlines met.What we have to offer:
- Professional growth and development: Unlock your potential through various training and development opportunities.
- Pension scheme: Matched up to 5% of your salary, including death in service cover.
- Medical Insurance: Medical insurance provided by Bupa.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Take advantage of our wellness, mindfulness, and counselling services.
- Discounts on various purchases: Enjoy savings on shopping vouchers, cinema tickets, holidays, and travel.
- Fitness perks: Access MyGymDiscounts and MyActiveDiscounts. Make use of our on-site gym.
- Other benefits include Dental insurance, a Cycle-to-work scheme, and Eyecare vouchers.
Apply now to start your Volvo Group journey and be part of a team that recognises and values differences while providing an environment for your personal and professional growth. If this isn't the role for you, share it with a friend. Alternatively, we have a range of other internships on our website that may be suitable.