Are you a Project Manager with a talent for overseeing complex product development projects? Do you exceed expectations when it comes to both proactive and reactive quality? Do you have a keen interest and passion for industry evolutions and technology transformation for a better tomorrow?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Volvo Group is seeking a Quality Project Manager to join our Project Office Team in Electrical, Electronics and Connected Services department in Greensboro, NC.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Our team, Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) is an important piece of the Vehicle Engineering function for Volvo Group Trucks North America. EEVC develops driver electronics and infotainment, vehicle electronics and safety, power management and wiring solutions for Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks. We develop new solutions and maintain these in close cooperation with technology teams and our suppliers in a truly global environment.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As the Quality Project Manager, you will be part of a cross-functional project team delivering proactive and reactive quality activities within product development life cycle for the Conventional Range. You will be responsible for the successful implementation and execution of quality activities for the department and serve as the person to go to when it comes to industry standard quality tools and expertise. This includes being involved in the full product lifecycle driving the quality activities starting from the concept development through delivery of the product. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders and solution providers to secure a complete project delivery supporting our Mack and Volvo Trucks.
Who You Are
- Leading cross functional project team to successfully deliver the assigned projects.
- Reporting to Steering Committees and Councils on project progress and milestones.
- Managing project management team with a complete business focus and sense of urgency.
- Managing the projects key parameters (quality, delivery, cost, and features) according to set targets.
- Identifying and mitigating projects risks.
- Coaching everyone within the project team towards the common goal.
- Coaching and educating the full department around pro and re active quality tools.
- Taking an active role in developing future ways of working for project management in EEVC, with an end user/customer perspective.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of related project management experience in transport industry.
- Proven experience leading quality initiatives.
- Proven experience interfacing with cross-function teams globally.
- Experience leading software content projects.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Documented knowledge of quality tools and methodologies.
- Functional safety certification is preferred.
- Familiar with ASPICE or similar industry processes.
- Excellent communication skills.
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies.
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans.
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first.
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University.
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier.
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here.