The purpose of this job is to be responsible for the robotic paint application process, to provide paint process control & monitoring and to support paint production. The area of responsibility encompasses the cab and plastic paint facility (pre-treatment, electro-coat, sealer line, prep booths, parts washer, basecoat, clear-coat, inspection, finesse areas, paint repair and paint fluid delivery). Support chassis paint line as needed.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES Includes Robotics Paint Application, Fluid Delivery, Process Control and support production:
- Assist in robot paint application and paint prep training
- Be able to make independent decisions dealing with the area of responsibility
- Comply with all safety regulation/training
- Establish best practices in the development of new processes, paint materials and process equipment
- Notify proper personnel of any condition, which could hamper qualify or production
- Prepare and conduct presentations when required
- Support developing work instructions / SOP’s for robotic spray and paint prep operations
- Support documenting all changes in process, paint materials and equipment
- Monitor all processes on a daily basis in the following areas:
- Operating parameters certification board update and sign off as required
- Ratio dispensing equipment
- Maintain and coordinate process projects and work lists
- Support environmental compliance group
- Attend daily weekly paint/process meetings
- New process projects
Train personnel as necessary
- Set up oven dirt collection (Greased pig) after oven cleanings
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Good working knowledge of paint processes and equipment
- Ability to interpret and follow written work instruction (i.e. Volvo standard)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer systems experience, Microsoft Office products experience
- Paint robotic programming and automated paint application
- Have a thorough understanding of paint quality specifications
- Working knowledge of BYK-Gardner and Data Paq. Measuring Systems, or similar equipment
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
The minimum education and experience requirements can be met through any one of the pathways described in the charts below. Please note: In order to meet the minimum requirements, each item listed within the pathway chart must be met. Experience with similar outside systems may be substituted.
EDUCATION: 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
EXPERIENCE: 2 Years Applicable paint experience in automotive, heavy truck or bus manufacturing and robotic paint programming experience required
EDUCATION: 2 Year Associates degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology
EXPERIENCE: 4 Years Applicable paint experience in automotive, heavy truck or bus manufacturing and robotic paint programming experience required
EXPERIENCE: 6 Years Applicable paint experience in automotive, heavy truck or bus manufacturing and robotic paint programming experience required
EXPERIENCE: Hold Associate Paint Process Tech classification, successful completion of training and fully proficient in core responsibilities, skills and competencies for the Paint Process Tech position.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify